PermaWet stage, paint chipping..HELP!! HELP!!

ShawDizzle

I finally am on the PermaWet stage and i was told you can brush or spray. I was brushing on PermaWet with a paint brush and the tips were taking some of the paint with it. I mixed in Prosaide with the paint on all applications of paint so why is it doing this???? not enough Prosaide? Or is this normal and maybe im pushing too hard and after the first coat dries will it hold better?????

I managed to get the layer on by dabbing the stuff on very carefully so it wouldnt scrap off the paint

Im hope I didnt screw it up cause the paint job is good for my first one....the spots the came off luckily are where my pred spots are very dark so i can repair it. Since I have already PermaWet it, i can paint those spots over by first adding prosaide to the spot, painting and PermaWetting again right? Also, can I use my airbrush to spray on PermaWet if so whats the mixture?

Basically if you think I messed up by not using enough Prosaide let me know but i went with a 50 percent paint...25 Prosaide, 25 water in the mixture using Liquitex acrylic and some Golden black for the spots.....Also if u know of anyways to toughen the paint what else can i do?

If the paint chipping is normal and is only because i was pressing too hard also tell me....i know paint comes off over time like in the arm pits and crotch where rubbing is non-avoidable....i would just feel better that after the first layer it will protect the paint much more.....its been going great till now.....now im stressing

Thanx guys
Brian

mmmm that's strange it should really not be chipping off if your mixing it with prosaide is it really cheap paint cause I think reading some paint doesn't mix well
with prosaide it may also be did you clean your mask before painting it????? when I painted my mask I didnt mix the prosaide with the paint I did layers first layer
prosaide then paint then at the end prosaide then I waited for it to dry then I hit it with a coat of perma-wet.

mmmm that's strange it should really not be chipping off if your mixing it with prosaide is it really cheap paint cause I think reading some paint doesn't mix well
with prosaide it may also be did you clean your mask before painting it????? when I painted my mask I didnt mix the prosaide with the paint I did layers first layer
prosaide then paint then at the end prosaide then I waited for it to dry then I hit it with a coat of perma-wet.

its my suit not a mask....i think the problem was i was using a hard bristle brush to paint it on. Like a house painting brush that Mayagi made danielle son use in karate kid......i got that layer on thick, i just added the second layer with a sponge and the paint stayed....i think i was going to hard..this is mainly only for Halloween so as long as it last me a week of wearing..then ill make a new one knowing my mistakes.....I just hope that was the problem.....

I mean the PermWet should seal and hold the paint right? for the most part?

oh my mistake though did you clean your suit???? if its staying on then it should be fine permawet seals very well just make sure
to be careful to spread it around cause it tends to ball up in little balls if you dont spread it around since your painting it.

its my suit not a mask....i think the problem was i was using a hard bristle brush to paint it on. Like a house painting brush that Mayagi made danielle son use in karate kid......i got that layer on thick, i just added the second layer with a sponge and the paint stayed....i think i was going to hard..this is mainly only for Halloween so as long as it last me a week of wearing..then ill make a new one knowing my mistakes.....I just hope that was the problem.....

I mean the PermWet should seal and hold the paint right? for the most part?

After the latex cured i did clean it yes....but it took me days to paint it cause i dont live where my work space is...i mean i think ill be good cause it only came off in some spots.....i got 2 layers on now....the 2nd layer did cake up some of the first layer that "balled up" since my first layer was a mess.....i think the paint job will be fine once it seals...right?...if i get a few good layers of perma on the paint job should be good right?

thanks though man

no worries mate always happy to help a fellow pred costumer XD yeah it should be fine when you coat your last coat of perma-wet on how many coats
are you going for the more you coat on the more shiny it will look just be careful of that as well.

After the latex cured i did clean it yes....but it took me days to paint it cause i dont live where my work space is...i mean i think ill be good cause it only came off in some spots.....i got 2 layers on now....the 2nd layer did cake up some of the first layer that "balled up" since my first layer was a mess.....i think the paint job will be fine once it seals...right?...if i get a few good layers of perma on the paint job should be good right?

thanks though man

I brush on my coats of permawet to my Alien suit aswell. I find the trick is doing 2-3 light coats of pure permawet, not mixed with anything, and using a very flexible brush (synthetic). I havent had any chipping happen to any parts of my suit except for my gloves, which crack when i stretch them to put them on. I have since fixed the problem by not applying perma-wet to one part of my gloves which is used for handling when removing or attaching onto my hands.

I also found that if using my method, smooth out any air bubbles which appear or it will cause the permawet to dry with a cloudy finish.

Ya. I used a house/industrial paint brush. The bristles were hard as hell. I hope that was why. I added prosaide to the chipped spots last night and repainted a few hours after. My first layer of PermaWet was awfully sloppy due to me having to dab to not damage the rest of the paint. There were a few cloudy dots but not noticeable if u dont know bout this stuff. Im gonna add the 3rd and final layer in a few (of PW). Hopefully it does the trick. Thanks for the tip on the gloves too. I will be making my own, or trying anyway

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back