Pepper Potts Rescue - Invincible Iron Man (Pep Files Anyone?)

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by AniSenpai, Sep 13, 2012.

1. AniSenpai

AniSenpai New Member

Hey new friends! I've just recently begun in the prop building world and my friends and I are working on some awesome pepakura projects. Being as I have a Tony making his Mark VII (or whatever if he would make up his mind) I would like to try my chance at Rescue! The Invincible Iron Man version.

RESCUE!

Has anyone come across some pep files similar to that one? Or can anyone recommend a great way to find/make a casting?

Thanks for helping the new girl out! You guys rock. I'm already addicted to this place. <3

2. JFcustom

JFcustom Sr Member

Here is a great rescue armor already in required 3D format and ready for unfolding... if you just can contact the modeler.
    Here, a rendering preview.
    All parts are taken from mark 2/3 and 4/6, except for the feminized chest. Maybe this part comes from another armor that I do not know.

It can be easily modeled by quite anyone of our favorite modelers around here, since it's only a matter of streching and resizing various parts. About sharing it in respect of the credits and copyrights, it's an other question...

Here, another amazing concept on the basis of the Extremis version of the suit.

-----

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  3. AniSenpai

AniSenpai New Member

Oh wow! Thank you very much! I will hopefully try and find a way to contact the modeler. I appreciate your input!

4. BSD

BSD Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Im working on a model of her new armor from invincible iron man # 25... But will be some time before I get to it.

5. AniSenpai

AniSenpai New Member

Really? That's amazing. I wish I had the talent for working on something like that. I'm glad people are working on it though! I would love to see your end result when you finish it. Even if it's in a while!

6. neoakaj

neoakaj New Member

I found some great pep files on the 405th. The site is down right now otherwise I would get you a link.

If I can contact the artist I will see if he is ok with posting them on here

7. AniSenpai

AniSenpai New Member

Oh wow. Thank you very much! That would be absolutely fabulous.
    You guys are way nice and helpful. I really can't tell you how much I appreciate it.

8. Deelite

Deelite Active Member

I'd be interested . and thanks for asking. been looking for them all summer.

9. AniSenpai

AniSenpai New Member

Oh yay! I would love to have someone else be working on Rescue at the same time. We could totally share our progress! If you like to that is. I find that kind of thing fun.

10. Deelite

Deelite Active Member

Yes! I love when people work on projects at the same time! if one finds out a bad or good way of doing something, they can share, what and what not to do ^_^

Though right now, since I'm working on my nephew's costume, I'm just working on lighting.

11. AniSenpai

AniSenpai New Member

Hurray! I saw what you were doing with your nephews stuff and it is really awesome. I've built my nephew a Pokemon costume before. It's fun to make outfits for the little ones who appreciate it. Go us!

12. Deelite

Deelite Active Member

Thanks! I've been costuming for over 30 years, and have made every single costume I've worn since 1996. And even though I"m older, I may not be into making costumes for myself, (as much, I used to make 5-8 costumes a year) but now I have little ones that I can spoil with hand made costumes.

My sister and bro in law say that they'll never buy those cheap store bought costumes again.

I was supposed to start today on his torso and shoulder builds, but I've been trying to fight off an allergy attack since yesterday.

Sinus headaches suck.

13. streetsoul

streetsoul Sr Member

lookin forward to these files

14. JFcustom

JFcustom Sr Member

I remember 7sinzz | RPF sent me some files in june of an uncomplete armor, they might be what you're looking for. I started converting them for foam, and still have to finish.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

classical Pepakura :
    iron man female chest plate made and unfolded by Eirth.pdo
    iron man female back plate made and unfolded by Eirth.pdo
    iron man female cod plate made and unfolded by Eirth.pdo
    I've lost the unfolded foreamr...

Foam version in progress :
    iron woman forearm made by Eirth.pdo
    iron woman cod made by Eirth.pdo

15. Deelite

Deelite Active Member

Thanks JFCustom. Please continue if you are able to do the unfolds. This is a good start.

16. AniSenpai

AniSenpai New Member

Oh man Dee! My allergies are horrible here! It makes it hard to concentrate.
    That's so cool that you've been making costumes that long! I've only been making all my costumes for the past couple years. I've put my stuff together for a few years before that.

JF - that is amazing! It definitely is a great beginning.

17. Helagak

Helagak Sr Member

Imim2 has some great "iron Potts" files too. By JF, I can't wait to see your foam edits!!

18. AniSenpai

AniSenpai New Member

Yes, IMIM2 has PMed me as well. You guys are awesome people!!

19. AniSenpai

AniSenpai New Member

I hope the 405th gets fixed soon! I'd love to see those files.

20. msleeper

msleeper Sr Member

It's interesting that the under skeleton doesn't have * on it, but the chest armor does.

21. BSD

The files ill be working on are going to be based off the newer rescue armor from invincible ironman #25... My wife was more of a fan of that armor plus I like the helmet much better.

22. neoakaj

neoakaj New Member

Those are the ones I was talking about. I am starting one for my girl in November

23. AniSenpai

AniSenpai New Member

I agree, that's exactly how I feel. The old armor is cool, but I much prefer the newer armor.

Also, msleeper, I thought the same exact thing myself. It's odd, isn't it?

24. BSD

I have started the model but I just have the shin done .. I have to finish my clone trooper before I can start back on it. ill keep you posted.

25. LawNinja

LawNinja New Member

I'm really excited to see how this turns out! I'd love to eventually have an Iron Man armor for myself and a Rescue armor my wife!

26. AniSenpai

AniSenpai New Member

That's precisely why this forum is so awesome. All the amazing people willing to help! Thanks guys, I appreciate it loads and loads.

27. HeatherShepard

HeatherShepard Member

JFcustom brought me to this thread (after posting one of my own without knowing this one was here) since I was asking about Pepakura files for this suit as well. I am in the process of making an Iron Man Mark VII suit for someone else, and I think it would be badass if I also got started on the Rescue armor for myself. :lol

It's very exciting to see that there could potentially be at least 3 people working on the Rescue suit at the same time. It makes me want to get started right away! :D

28. AniSenpai

AniSenpai New Member

Oh wow! That would be amazing and a lot of fun! I want to get started soon myself! Hahaha.

29. booksandcorsets

booksandcorsets Well-Known Member

Subscribed. I'm crossing my fingers that Rescue makes an appearance in IM3--then this build will definitely land on my list!

30. 7sinzz

7sinzz Well-Known Member

Fantastic guys. I'll be watching this thread with great interest. Can anybody convert the files that jf posted into foam? The guy that made them over on the 405th threw towel in on this project due to other commitments. Those few parts were all he ever made. I think they're a great foundation though.

31. Deelite

Deelite Active Member

Im working on it now, but it takes time, as I have to test the pieces to see if they work as a foam version.

Hope to post them soon, as I need to start working on this version for Halloween

32. 7sinzz

7sinzz Well-Known Member

That's great news deelite. Look forward to seeing your progress. Keep us updated. I'm pretty quick with foam now so if anybody would like some help testing the files out, let me know.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  33. Kolin86

Kolin86 Active Member

I am building my GF's rescue armor in time for Halloween (I hope, times tickin'.)
    I'll post photo's afterwards and try to explain my patterns. I had to free hand pretty much everything on it.

Sorry for not many photos before hand, I don't do well making WIP stuff.

34. Helagak

Helagak Sr Member

I'm working on a... Ermh, "modified" rescue armor for the wife...

[​IMG]

35. Deelite

Deelite Active Member

So, I'm giving up on trying to turn those PEP files into a foam version. I have no reference picture to work from since these are custom designs.

If anyone else can take a crack at it, please do. It's way too hard on my end to do so and I have to complete two other costumes to spend my time trying to make the pieces fit to foam.

I'm just going to take the current Mark III male foam templates and modify them.

The female cod and forearm pieces linked are already for foam, but the rest unfortunately will have to be taken from the male iron foam templates.

36. 7sinzz

7sinzz Well-Known Member

Aw that is a shame. This thread has gone quite quiet too. Anyone else got anything on?

37. Helagak

Helagak Sr Member

hey deelite, what files exactly do you want unfolded for foam? i might be able to give it a shot.

38. AniSenpai

AniSenpai New Member

Sorry for the delay on my part! I'm in nursing school, so sometimes I just mysteriously disappear :) I am also working on making two other costumes! Sango from Inuyasha, which I'm making her armor out of styrofoam and fabric, and then Iron Chick, which is a clothing version of Iron Man. I'll show you her when I finish!

Deelite - Good try! Sorry it gave you such trouble! D:

This Rescue.
    If only we could obtain these files and have them modified. I wish I was skilled or could pay someone to do it. I guess this is what happens when you start something new!

39. electraflier

electraflier Well-Known Member

40. IMIM2

IMIM2 Sr Member

This Rescue.
    If only we could obtain these files and have them modified. I wish I was skilled or could pay someone to do it. I guess this is what happens when you start something new![/QUOTE]

Did I miss something? How to download this file?

41. Deelite

Deelite Active Member

The file is not available, and contacting the creator results in no answer. He seems to have dropped anything to do with it.

42. BulmasApples

BulmasApples New Member

Rescue is an awesome idea!

43. AniSenpai

AniSenpai New Member

I know! Figures. Haha. Just when you find a decent torso. :p

IMIM2 - Yeah I really need the torso files! That's the main part I'm missing and those files aren't around. :)

Electraflier - Thanks for the link! I shall check it out. Appreciate it.

44. 7sinzz

7sinzz Well-Known Member

Just to let you all know I've decided to have a crack at the foam conversion of the available female back part and I must say I'm pretty happy with it so far. Gone from 16 pages down to 6. If anyone has a facility for uploading please let me know and ill email the file over to you once complete. Please post the link here after. Once I'm done with the back I'll try the female chest plate later. Hopefully someone can throw it together so we can finally see how it looks. For now I want to try to get it down to even less parts.

As per Stealths green technique, i have chosen to do just the left side, print and reverse for the right, this is how its looking so far, your thoughts would be appreciated...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  45. Deelite

Deelite Active Member

If you want, you can PM me, and I can get the file uploaded to post here. I have a 4shared account.

Your work is looking good. I'm really interested in the Chest and Front, because I can cobble together rest from the male patterns.

Thanks to everyone who is working on this.

46. 7sinzz

7sinzz Well-Known Member

EDIT: I'll have a crack at the chest either tonight or tomorrow afternoon. Not actually sure why I started with the back to be honest. It does have a more sleek look than the iron man one though.

Ive got the back down to 4 pages now and considerably less parts.

I've also had a look at the chest and i dont think it will be to much of a problem.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  47. 7sinzz

7sinzz Well-Known Member

Sorry for double post... Down to 3 pages since that screen shot, just 15 parts in total :)

48. JFcustom

JFcustom Sr Member

49. 7sinzz

7sinzz Well-Known Member

Wow thats cool. Any chance of a clean up on the chest JF? Do you want some of the parts killed on the original first to give you a head start?

Heres a screen capture of my own attempt...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  50. AniSenpai

AniSenpai New Member

Wow, that is absolutely amazing! I absolutely love it. Thank you for your hard work!