Pepakura Iron Man Mark IV Beginners (first) build Fibre glass

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by B33Sting, May 16, 2012.

1. B33Sting

B33Sting New Member

So, I have done enough lurking and reading and asked enough questions that I feel confident enough to try this out.

I've decided on Iron Man one because that is one of my favorite comics and two because there have been so many done that there is a wealth of information out there.

I downloaded the Dancing_fool's PEP files a couple days ago. I bought 110 card stock paper and began printing the helmet yesterday. I decided to start with the helmet first because it gives me something to show for all the hard work at the end and will keep me motivated. I will be doing the chest next as that is what I have found to be recommended.

So, here we go

2. B33Sting

B33Sting New Member

SO, here is a pic of all the PEP cut out for JUST THE HELMET:eek

I really took my time cutting so the build will be as smooth as posible

It was suggested to score the mountain and valleys with different coloured pens. This makes it easier to fold and easier to see which direction to fold. Great idea but, when I do this again I will score them before cutting them out. I found the smaller pieces especially frustrating to score

[​IMG]

3. StarksWarehouse

StarksWarehouse Active Member

good luck in your build! :) it may look hard with all those pieces. but once you get into it, you really cant stop lol

4. GrumpyStud

GrumpyStud New Member

What's on the tabs that's white?