Pepakura Figure to Costume Scale Advice

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by endo500, Jan 25, 2012.

1. endo500

endo500 Active Member

Is it possible or has anyone ever taken a pepakura file for a small paper figured and enlarged it to make a wearable costume? If that won’t work is it possible to have someone go in and enlarge / add more detail to an existing file? I ask because I’m having trouble finding someone to make a 3D model and pepakura file for me.

Specifically I want to build a sentinel from X-Men. I found a small paper figure file here. If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

2. EyeofSauron

EyeofSauron Master Member

sure that is possib le.
    you can rescale every file in pepakura that you want.

alltho it might be a little low res, so you will have to do lots of touchups

but you need a 3d model to do it. the file you linked is pdf
    in pep you can just change the scale

3. endo500

endo500 Active Member

I have been trying to find a 3D model but that has also been equally hard to do. The model that they used to create that Pep file was a custom mod that someone did for the old marvel ultimate alliance game. And the model that they used is no longer in the forum.

I wanted to try ripping one from the new Marvel vs Capcom 3 game. However the tutorial that Pepmaster made is not very clear on how one goes about doing that either. It seems every thing i think of has a major road block.

4. Fierfek

Fierfek Sr Member

Help you I can. Having extracted all MVC 3 models for a project, I have the sentinel model. Just send me a PM with your email and I'll send it to you.

5. endo500

endo500 Active Member

OMG Thank you so much. This is a huge help. You have no idea how frustrating this has been. But once I finish the costume it will be worth it.

Now I just need to learn how to convert it to models to Pepakura. But at least i'll have a model.

6. Spade

Spade New Member

would you happen to have the pep file for the nova helmet?

7. Whetstone

Whetstone New Member

If you can't find the Nova Helmet, I know there is a Magneto Helmet just modify it if you can't find one.