people dressed as goths go to disneyland en-masse (yearly event)

seems to be a certain festival, which at one point requires one to dress as a zombie for a large banquet style bash. at the end is a horde of emo-dressed people who "march" on happy land (disneyland).

.....it'salways shining in southern california. those poor goths. any other conventions or gatherings that muster forth costumes? (ala dragoncon? comic con- although almost noone wears a costume at comiccon)

Bats Day in the Fun Park - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Re: people dressed as goths goto disneyland en-masse (yearly event)

Anime expo around 4th of july weekend at the Los Angeles convention center is a pretty big one.

Instead of singing "it's a small world after all " they sing "it's a sad world after all"

" comic con- although almost noone wears a costume at comiccon)

When did this happen?!

Oh please Emo,goth,industrial,EBM... The scenes are pretty much all the same. I was in it before you could simply walk to a craptastic Hot Topic and buy the clothes. We literally had to either go to the concert to get the shirt or make ours.

Nothing irritates me more than seeing some kid wearing the same '92 Skinny Puppy ,Too Dark Park concert shirt that he got a week ago and look and see me wearing mine and would say" It was a awesome concert" dude you would have an embryo.

Last edited:

And that's the truth up there folks. Wow. One of the things that really bugs me these days are how people frequently confuse the very different scenes like that. But then the scenes don't REALLY exist anymore. Youth music subculture is more about the style than the music anymore anyway. Posers. Vegan, politically active punk!?!?! Emo? It's all just crap now.

Emo is a problem that takes care of itself. Just hand them a razor blade and tell them to go lengthwise. Some are too stupid to figure that last part out.

And this event you're talking about is supposed to be a fun one, even for the gloom buggiers. :lol It's Goth Day at Disneyland, after all!

And yes, i am with you on the whole hot topic thing. Fortunately, these sorts are readily identifiable. Look for anything with a safety pin and roll the eyeball of supreme scorn at them. Tell them Bela weeps for them, and then shun them for the rest of the night.

Those of us who have seen Dead Can Dance live know that no recording compares to their live sound. And it's hard to beat having seen Legendary Pink Dots, Black Tape for a Blue Girl, and Peter Murphy live. :) Good days!

That was probably me, too. The only folks I have less patience for than emo kids are hippes. Emo kids eventually grow out of it; hippies are always hippies. Your revolution is over, Mr. Lebowski. Condolences!

"The only folks I have less patience for than emo kids are hippes. Emo kids eventually grow out of it; hippies are always hippies."

I need this quote on a t-shirt.

near halloween, there seems to be some "vampaire's ball" in nyc. people go dressed as vampires. old world, zombie, or neo-yuppie blade-movie style vampire. all types and styles of dress. everyone has fangs.

hmmm....seems there are alot of vampire's balls based off that old traditional one. here is the one that looks the most fun: The Salem Vampires Masquerade Ball on October 22, 2011!

goth look....started because of a female dress? the dress and black lipstick on the evil princess from the movie legend? back when tom cruise was like 18 years old? (LOL) it is quite a dress too....... legend.html

goth day at disneyland, i wanna see sora from the foul video game "kingdom hearts" cry.

Last edited:

Goth look did not start from a dress in a movie. :rolleyes It was a subculture that was influenced by the music scene punk etc. Christian Death, The Damned etc would bee a good examples and they predate "legend"

I usually hate that eye-rolling emoticon but I feel its use is perfectly justified in this isolated incident. :lol

If I were not cylon.I would be goth vampeerr ...Bllaahh Blaahhh.LOL

I took the family about 3 years ago to DL and it happen to be Bats-Day. Kids didn't even notice and everyone was nice. Goth & Emo are way way on other ends from each other. Victorian Gothic is lovely to look at but Emo has no sense of style. It makes for some fun people watching but no its not about dressing up like a zombie! Its about a group of people with like minded enjoyments getting together. I would think this site would be the last to look down their noses at another subculture.

Look up "human nature." I think nothing but good thoughts of a sea of people dressed up in Star Trek uniforms (TOS, of course) and think a stadium full of dip****s with silver and black paint on their faces and Raiders jerseys are the lowest form of life on the planet. Hipocracy? More like human nature of the clan.

The Cure have only two good songs, no matter what anyone else says.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back