Pegasus Mercury 9 w/Caliber Mengsk light board

Robiwon

Master Member
Gone but not forgotten.
O.K. so I have finally have had time to get this project started. I did the review of the light board (still needs a name, how about the CM Board?) a few months ago. I finally got my desk cleared off and my spare room put back together.

This is the Pegasus Mercury 9 rocket ship. The kit itself is just pure awesome. It's a very unique design that harkens back to the classic 50's style rockets, but with modern design elements. The best of both worlds. It lends itself well to lighting too. This is why I chose to use it with the new CM Board by Caliber Mengsk.

The ship will be dispalyed in mid lift off from the launch pad. The base is a wooden picture frame I picked up from Hobbylobby for a few dollars. I'll inlclude the buildings, launch pad, and rocket built out of the box, but lighted. The ground work will be a mix of desert, grass and some trees. Maybe a hill side as well. still working on the composition.

Here is a test of one of the rocket engines. The model will sit on these three lighted tubes simulating rocket flames. It does not show well in the video but the flames flicker. Pulled cotton around the base will simulate smoke plumes coming from the blast.

Emjoy the pics and video, more to come real soon!

018-1.jpg

019-2.jpg

And a short video

Looks very cool but I'm unfalimiar with this model... are the colums going to be pillars fo fire as it lofts off or is that part of the ship itself?

Never mid went and googled it - that is a COOL ship! the lighting loogs great as well. but you needs soemthing to break up the perfectly straight colum of flame... some carefuly billowed cotton or something for the smoke :D SHould be an awesome build!

Jedi Dade

Here is how the rocket tubes are built.

With wires running up the tube the LEDs will cast a shaodw of the wires. To help prevent this a second tube is glued inside the other.

013-4.jpg

Cap the tubes with sheet styrene and drill holes for the small tube and for your LEDs.

012-6.jpg

Now you can mount your LEDs in the top of the tube.

011-5.jpg

Here is the second rocket tube done. There will also be white LEDs in the bottom facing up as well.

015-3.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back