Pee Wee's Playhouse Scooter and Helmet

nick daring

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Welcome to the sister thread of the Pee Wee's Big Adventure Bike thread- http://www.therpf.com/f9/pee-wees-big-adventure-bike-58046/

At the end of every episode of Pee Wee's Playhouse, Pee Wee rides off on a custom Pee Wee styled scooter. It is pretty sweet.

In the second season he start wearing a customized motorcycle helmet. It is pretty sweet as well.

Let the research begin!

attachment.jpg

395px-Pee_Wee_and_Kermit.jpg

d381_1.jpg

Nick

Attachments

• 395px-Pee_Wee_and_Kermit.jpg
    395px-Pee_Wee_and_Kermit.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 547
  • d381_1.jpg
    d381_1.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 585
Last edited:
Yes!!

stradascooter.jpg

So I think the actual frame was built ontop of the BMX Strada Scooter. Ateast it looks like it might be.

Manufacturer: Variflex

Also here's a picture of the Scooter toy.
Ai2b4QfCQAAGt9w.jpg:large

Other then screen captures, I haven't found any other production photos of the scooter.

62828da97e2b6982dc26ae50ffb88c73.jpg

Vintage flying wall ducks - closed mouth. probably made from plastic because the neck looks curved in to fit the contours of the helmet.

oc.jpg

Madball -Eyeball

toypedia056.jpg

M.U.S.C.L.E Men

Last edited:
The eyeball is totally a madball. Good catch.

The sparkle flame decals on top look like the kind that would come with a kids bike or power wheels or something. Might be hard to find.

I spent a little bit of time trying to find match for the yellow ray gun/squirt gun on the handlebars but had no luck.

Most wall decorations like those wall ducks are made plaster. These have to be plastic. Another tough piece.

On the left side of the helmet I think I see a clear red coin purse with a pink plastic pig face attached. Weird choice.

Nick

!Bce4fV!BGk~$%28KGrHqEH-EMEqtp%29BBrLBK0ou5!vZg~~_35.JPG

"LIONEL ATOMIC SPACE PILOT JET RAY GUN FRICTION SIREN SPARK"

The gun is 1950/1960s Red Toy Spark Sparker Gun. I remember I used to own one.
As for the coin purse I'm not sure.. I couldn't find anything either yet

Last edited:
I think the easiest way to make this more practice (and easily accessible) would be for someone to make/build/sculpt the helmet in a way so that it can be cast as one solid "shell". Then it can be sent out to interested parties as one piece that can just be adhered to our own existing helmets. Then it would be up to that person to hand paint it.
Thoughts?

Yeah a big slush cast piece would be flexible enough (if heated a little) to wrap around any sized helmet the wearer would find.

Fun part is still finding all the little parts first!

Nick

88-00091__41543__32586_zoom.jpg

The helmet looks like a old open faced Motorcycle style. Without the ear flaps.
It has more of curve then a drastic bend like most open face helmets. Red sparkle finish, two bells and Universal Flexible Bicycle Mirror

180787344619.jpg

Little bicycle toy on handle bars. I'm not sure if the balloon was painted red and white.
Or if this might just be a alternate version on this toy.

I still haven't been able to I.d. that UFO looking light/siren thing..

I tried my best to make the helmet sticker. Its saved as a PNG fine in case anyone wanted to clean it up a little. I was thinking with a coat of clear glitter spray this should do the trick.
flame.png

Has anyone else found anything?

Looks like he might have Three wheels on the back of the scooter

I'll bet it's only two wheels in back and it only looks like 3 wheels because of the shadow. The reason I believe this is because the FRONT wheel looks nothing like the bmx scooter wheels, which leads me to believe that they used the two bmx wheels on the back and put a different wheel on the front.

Not the gyroscope on the front. But the red and white siren light on the handlebars. The hardware attached to it seems hard to fabricate. The red and white shell itself could be vacuformed. But it have no clue what that might be.

The reason I think it might be Three wheels instead of two is in one of the screenshots. There is a small slot cut in to the back. Wear it looks like one of the wheels look like it sticks out. The front wheel could maybe also be from a wheelbarrow or a wagon.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back