Peacekeeper Costume from The Hunger Games- Help needed identifying the baton...

Elliot2000

I recently managed to snag the sash version of the Peacekeeper costume from The Hunger Games on eBay. The only issue is that the stun baton was not included for some reason with the costume. I didn't even notice the baton was not included in the auction until after the fact. When I asked the seller about the baton I didn't get a clear response as to what happened to it besides that it wasn't for sale.

In order to complete my costume I am looking to source a replica stun baton. I looked online and couldn't find any black studded stun batons like the ones used in the film. Does anyone have an recommendations on who I should contact to make a replica? I attached a photo of the costume I won and a closeup photo of the baton. If anyone has any insight or thoughts please let me know.

Peacekeeper.jpg

Peacekeeper baton.jpg

I bought a set of boots, a jacket and a pair of pants, the last ones they were offering on Ebay. My boots are mismatched, one is 10.5 the other 11.5ee. By chance are your boots mismatched? Do you know anyone else with Peacekeeper boots? Thanks.

Yeah, I saw those. Contacted the seller, waiting to hear back from her. Since Theme Park Connections doesn't have any of these boots left I called Lions Gate Entertainment and left a message, hopefully they'll be able to help me out.

I won a lot of Peacekeeper Collar Inserts and a lot of Peacekeeper suspenders from Theme Park Connection. Two small steps closer to having a complete costume.

The Baton does not look like anything I am aware of for sale in the US as a police baton. It may be a modified one as we have some that have rubber/foam. But I'm guessing it was made or built off of something overseas based.

If you are looking for a base, look for an ASP or Monadnock batons as they are reliable and will take a beating. Only issue is, at least with older ASPs, you had to find something HARD to hit them on to collapse them, IE curb, asphalt, cement...

Last edited by a moderator:
Also looking for a baton, similar circumstances.

BTW, there's some scalper selling a costume WITH baton on ebay now...if you don't mind paying $1500 as a starting bid.

I did finally buy an authentic baton from the movie, they were custom made for the movie. I think there is someone who's selling replica batons but I forgot where I saw the post. Also $1,500 for a complete Peacekeeper is a good price.

You know some of us collectors (not me) paid nearly 3k for the privilege of owning one of these. So combine that with possible tax, shipping and fees etc just like the junk yard what people want to sell something at is there business.

I did finally buy an authentic baton from the movie, they were custom made for the movie. I think there is someone who's selling replica batons but I forgot where I saw the post. Also $1,500 for a complete Peacekeeper is a good price.

Really? Because I got 2 of them for $400. I just assumed that being true, $1500 was a bit much.

Going to be making any batons? Several people have mentioned wanting one....

>You know some of us collectors (not me) paid nearly 3k for the privilege of owning one of these.

Really? Just for the record, how much did YOU pay?

So, if you got it for less, you of course insisted on paying $3000 anyway, because it's a privilege.

I'm pretty sure the junkyard has such rules because they want to avoid a lot of public haggling. But, since this isn't ABOUT the junkyard, that sort of thing is irrelevant: ebay and other venues are ABOUT commerce and haggling. Nice try.

As terry pratchett used to say, 'Pull the other one, it has got bells on'.

Last edited:
You got two complete peacekeeper costumes for $400? Or batons? I followed all the auctions and outside of Blacksparrow they were sold in pieces. The boots were selling alone for $400. On average to get a complete costume it cost anywhere from $1200-$1600.

I personally own one from the Blacksparrow auction, so $1500 is a great price.

You got two complete peacekeeper costumes for $400? Or batons? I followed all the auctions and outside of Blacksparrow they were sold in pieces. The boots were selling alone for $400. On average to get a complete costume it cost anywhere from $1200-$1600.

I personally own one from the Blacksparrow auction, so $1500 is a great price.

Well, you missed the ebay auction.. I got 2 of them for $400...no baton, no belt, no boots. The only issue was unlike the blacksparrow auction, you got no choice of size: most were a mens medium.

I think $400, was a good price...not a great price, but reasonable.

Sorry you had to pay so much, you have my sympathies.

If you know somebody that is of smaller stature that wants one, I have an extra ...I only actually need one of them, really. Unlike some others, I'm not looking to exploit others' work for my own profit.

Of course , if they feel that a belt baton and boots make it worth more than 3 times as much, that's up to them. Personally, I'm pretty sure that such could be replaced inexpensively.

I think discussions of market price are a good idea: it gives one an accurate perspective on what things should cost, and what one might actually want to pay for them. Since this is about ebay and the various prices this sort of things fetch there, it's a buyers' business what they want to to pay.

Last edited:
I got 2 of them for $400...no baton, no belt, no boots
I guess your set was similar to this?
http://www.proparchives.com/science...eper-original-costume-jacket-pants-body-armor

Getting an incomplete costume and one that is complete, there is a bit of a difference. You now have to chase the Helmet, Gloves, Boots and Baton. You can't just say hey I got mine for $400, you got the Jacket, Pants and Body Armor for $400. Which was a great price IMO. But when you are missing the helmet, they were going for $300-$400 alone. You are a few steps away from owning a "Peacekeeper Costume".

A "scalper" too is a little harsh, when a complete set was going for $1,000-$1,100 USD some as much as $3k and as The Prop Stop mentions you factor in possible tax, shipping and fees, $1,500 is very reasonable.
http://www.proparchives.com/science...niform-with-armor-baton-screen-worn-costume-2
http://www.proparchives.com/science...-uniform-with-armor-baton-screen-worn-costume

-Aaron

I guess your set was similar to this?
. But when you are missing the helmet, they were going for $300-$400 alone. You are a few steps away from owning a "Peacekeeper Costume".

Nope, got the helmet. 2 of them, actually. Didn't pay $300 for them either...are easy to get, once you know what they are made of. The actual hard part would be the armor: that would be hard to reproduce.

Speaking of 'complete', did yours come with the suspenders and collar inserts? I got a line on same if you're interested.

Just missing belt, boots, baton. not REALLY missing the belt and boots either, as I already had similar items.

So, since the boots are a standard type, and the belt is too, I really only need the baton. so, you have any plans to cast yours?
I might point out that if you do so, that would defray at least some of the cost of your acquisition. That would make me feel better about it.

Further, the costume is technically just the fabric part...the rest would be considered props.

Again, clearly the scalper got his in a deal like mine, and is selling it at 3-4 times what he paid. I just checked, he tried upping the price from his last listing. This accounts for his reluctance to admit what he actually paid for it.

(Actually, he THINKS he'll sell it for 3-4 times what he paid. Seems that the market is saying 'no'. If it's a good deal, how is it that he gets zero bids?)

>A "scalper" too is a little harsh,

It's pretty much the definition of scalping. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's scalpers like this that drove the price up in the first place: Such dealers overbid to try to make money off real collectors. Frankly, I don't much understand the idea that anyone would defend what they do in any way: they are basically preying on us.

If the dealer paid more than $1000 for his uniform, it would make more sense: if he had paid, say, $1500 for it and was asking $1800, then that would be a reasonable amount of profit.

Obviously, he did not: he's even said so.

Now, this is just my point of view on this sort of thing: I think paying below market price is a good deal, and paying above market price is a bad deal. I'd feel the same way if I were talking about a prop, or a costume, or a car...or shoes, for that matter.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back