Paul Wenzel's Haunted House painting

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

carlsporkpie

Hi, everyone!

Just wondering if anyone has any info regarding the cover art to Disneyland Records' "Chilling, Thrilling Sounds of the Haunted House." I've always loved that art (the art on the original white cover and the subsequent orange cover), and I've wondered if it was possible to find a print of it.

Thanks to the Doombuggies website and some web snooping, I learned the name of the artist (the aforementioned Mr. Wenzel) and that the original painting sold at auction in 2001. I assume, though, that even though a collector owns the original, the rights to the image are probably still held by the Mouse.

Does anyone know if they ever released a print of the artwork? One reason I suspected that they might have produced some reproductions at some point is this photograph of Count Justin Sane, a Shock Theater host from my local CBS affiliate in North Augusta, SC. That's clearly Wenzel's art behind him, and it looks to me like it was a large physical backdrop rather than the Count having been matted in, though I realize I could well be wrong about that. Here's the pic, via E-gor's horror host website:

Anyway, you guys continually display a staggering degree of knowledge on these threads, so I humbly entreat you to bring those powers to bear here. Thank you, friends!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

kxazbug

i remember being a kid and staring at the cover just wondering what was going on the upstairs window..scaring myself haha .. i play this for trick or treat now. a big print would be neat to have....drip drip drip