Patty Jenkins Star Wars ‘Rogue Squadron’ Movie *CREATIVE DIFFERENCES & SHELVED*

IMO The best way to move past the ST hate is to build good stories that follow it, not cram more into the known “safe” eras.
I don't disagree, but everything being in the 'in between' seems to imply one of two things:

1. The absolutely fear backlash because of how poorly the ST was recieved and is still talked about
  2. Much like when they started allowing novels. Pre-ANH was largely off limits especially once they announced the prequels. Knowing they're making movies post RoS. They could simply be restricting that timeline for their new movies.
  3. I guess there could also be a 3, in that no director or show-runner wants to take on the task of trying to rehabilitate the post RoS era.

For some. I utterly reject the sequels as a spit in the face for me and want no reminders of them.
I said elsewhere I think that's a distinct possibility as to why all the shows are in the post ROTJ era, or maybe earlier. Not sure when Acolyte is set, but i've always wanted to see one from the bad guy perspective. I always really wanted an Outcast style game from the POV of a Sith :)

I said elsewhere I think that's a distinct possibility as to why all the shows are in the post ROTJ era, or maybe earlier. Not sure when Acolyte is set, but i've always wanted to see one from the bad guy perspective. I always really wanted an Outcast style game from the POV of a Sith :)
ACOLYTE is set during the last bit of The High Republic era, Soo about 1000 years before ANH.

I said elsewhere I think that's a distinct possibility as to why all the shows are in the post ROTJ era, or maybe earlier...

I've said to friends before that if Disney is insistent that they are serious about their Star Wars movies, while you may enjoy their tie-in stuff and some of them could be good, enjoy it while you can because it'll eventually lead into their sequels. It's like drinking partially spoiled milk; the top half may still taste okay but it gets sickening the closer you head towards the curdled froth at the bottom.

I would say, also, given how good Marvel Studios has gotten at sourcing de-aging/deepfake work, that it itsn't inconceivable Denis Lawson could play a thirty-odd-years-younger Wedge.
Dennis has an actor nephew, Ewan somebody. Perhaps he could be drafted in to play him. If he's not too busy!

But seriously, wouldn't they have to call this move something else. There's already a Star Wars movie with 'rogue' as the subtitle.

As long as they give me choices, I can reject or accept product as desired, And hopefully there is common ground for all fans too.
Hell being OLD now, well just slightly older than the current James Bond. Is that old? Nah. I can still go back in my
head when there was only one Star Wars movie and Vader killed Luke's father straight up. LOL So if they let
some product go down the sequel black hole I don't have to care if I have good stuff that is on point.

To me, this is the one that would be best as a Disney+ show. This is one show that could be totally episodic. No Jedi, no lightsabers, no Skywalkers, no overall arc. Do it almost like a War channel documentary. Here is the battle of such-n-such, here is the Raid on whatever, here is another mission of many. You could have different squadrons and actors each time. Just soldiers doing their job.....space battles galore, land battles, secret missions. The possibilities are endless.

I don't need to see the character arc of Wedge, or Porkins, or Gold Leader, or whoever.

However, yeah, I will watch it......and probably love it!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back