Patty Jenkins Star Wars ‘Rogue Squadron’ Movie *CREATIVE DIFFERENCES & SHELVED*

Jaitea

Master Member
twitter.comPatty Jenkins on Twitter“https://t.co/e3N00xCr5i”

roguesquadron.10.png.jpeg

J

Last edited:
I hope it’s post TROS and Dennis Lawson comes back as Wedge to command the new squadron. Make it about expanding the known galaxy to avoid any more secret power building in the unknown regions.

I hope it’s post TROS and Dennis Lawson comes back as Wedge to command the new squadron. Make it about expanding the known galaxy to avoid any more secret power building in the unknown regions.
The x-wing in the logo is OT, but yeah it would have to be post TROS to have Denis, which would be fun.

If it's in the Sequel era it's gonna be a hard pass for a LOT of fans. It should be early post ROTJ or OT era IMO. If it's not better than the Rogue Squadron books, it will already be a letdown for me.

I really enjoyed the first Wonder Woman movie. I'm curious about this show. The prospect of seeing some great space combat / dogfights is pretty cool. I have only seen a few interviews with Patty Jenkins and she seems like a good fit, especially if her father was a pilot she will be able to bring some good perspective to the show.

Last edited:
Top Gun meets X-Wings...sign me up!!! I feel the need for speed!

The only work I've seen of hers is Wonder Woman, which I didn't love overall because of the messy and formulaic third act, but I've heard such good things about WW84 that I'm happy to see her at the helm. Plus, her explanation in that video has me sold - she's got a great perspective and could offer up a really fantastic cinematic thrill ride!

I am all in on this.

I loved the first “Wonder Woman” film.

“Wonder Woman 1984” on HBO Max is how I will be spending Christmas.

I think she’s a fine choice for this project.

I am annoyed they seem to be keeping the nylon flightsuits from Rogue One rather than the less-contemporary treated-cotton coveralls from the OT. And I will soapbox forever against Rogue Squadron. We had Rogue Group in Empire, which Luke was the commander of, despite still being Red 5. Despite George's overfondness for the terms group and squad and commander rendering all those terms useless, and despite there being dialogue that refers to the same fighter units in SW and ROTJ as both "squads" and "groups", the word "squadron" never shows up, in dialogue or script. This is one of the many things the EU took and ran with in wrong directions. Wedge is the squad leader. Luke is the group commander. Red Squad/Group is within Rogue Group. Rogue Squadron is a thing I had hoped would not be brought into the new canon.

I am looking forward to this. I just object to the name and the flightsuits. That's pretty good for me. :lol:

I would say, also, given how good Marvel Studios has gotten at sourcing de-aging/deepfake work, that it itsn't inconceivable Denis Lawson could play a thirty-odd-years-younger Wedge.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back