Patch Attach

dropshipbob

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I just heard about this the other day. Seems it some sort of glue you can use to attach patches onto cloth. Anyone have experience using this stuff, good...bad?

I have a Colonial Marine uniform I need to attach patches too, and it would be so nice if I could skip trying to find someone to sew them on. But I also know what happens when you try and cut corners.

Don't the patches already have the heat sensitive glue on the backs?

Sorry, never heard of the stuff you're referring to. Could check a fabric store?

There are various fabric glues. One brand is Fabri-tac.

I remember my mom used to iron on my Boy Scout patches, melting the wax or whatever on the back of them into the fabric. But they'd start peeling off at the corners after a while and she'd end up sewing them anyway.

Bob, why do you need someone to sew them for you? It isn't hard to do it by hand. :)

I need someone to sew them on because I don't have the patience. Plus I do a pretty terrible job when I attempt it.

You an officer then, DSB?
"Officers don't have mothers. They reproduce by osmosis. Like amoebas."
;)

I use a product called SewSimple by Bostik (a UK product) - its really quick and saves a lot of time sewing stuff - but its not good for everything, as it can 'stain' some fabrics if it soaks through.

For thicker materials and hidden seams etc, its very useful. Just be sure to test a drop first.

Originally posted by Reverend Scapegoat@Feb 7 2006, 06:23 PM
You an officer then, DSB?
"Officers don't have mothers. They reproduce by osmosis. Like amoebas."
;)
[snapback]1178136[/snapback]​

:lol No, I do have a mother, her sewing skills are about as good as mine. Plus the last time I asked her to sew some patches on, she had it for a month and only attached 2 out of 5 patches. I have no patience.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back