Suggestion Password recovery? (answered)

AssCred

So, seeing the post count topic made me remember something. A friend way long ago told me about this site and that's how I had been browsing since. He used to be a member too and I just contacted him the other night asking why he's not still around.

He told me he forgot his password and there's no option for recovery, or any way to contact anyone about it.

Maybe this would help with the static users who have low post counts? I checked and I too could not find any features about recovery, thus I changed my password and then wrote it down to avoid that. But still, it's kinda harsh if you happen to forget or even if you switch computers and whatever else could happen, right?

I didn't even know it was possible to NOT have the feature. I thought it was a built in feature of forums in general.

Anyway, it might be something to look into. If you're not connected to other members, like most newbies, it'd be a useful safety net feature to have.

Re: Password recovery?

So, seeing the post count topic made me remember something. A friend way long ago told me about this site and that's how I had been browsing since. He used to be a member too and I just contacted him the other night asking why he's not still around.

He told me he forgot his password and there's no option for recovery, or any way to contact anyone about it.

Maybe this would help with the static users who have low post counts? I checked and I too could not find any features about recovery, thus I changed my password and then wrote it down to avoid that. But still, it's kinda harsh if you happen to forget or even if you switch computers and whatever else could happen, right?

I didn't even know it was possible to NOT have the feature. I thought it was a built in feature of forums in general.

Anyway, it might be something to look into. If you're not connected to other members, like most newbies, it'd be a useful safety net feature to have.
We have always had a password reset option as well as a way to contact us with questions/issues.

1) Password Reset... If you enter an incorrect password you will see the following text in the page that loads:

Forgotten your password? Click here to reset!

Clicking on that link will take you to a page that asks for your email address so that you can start the password reset procedure.

2) Contacting us... At the bottom of every page of the forum is a "Contact Us" link.

We have always had a password reset option as well as a way to contact us with questions/issues.

1) Password Reset... If you enter an incorrect password you will see the following text in the page that loads:

Clicking on that link will take you to a page that asks for your email address so that you can start the password reset procedure.

2) Contacting us... At the bottom of every page of the forum is a "Contact Us" link.

Oh really? I don't know why it was so impossible for both of us to find. He said he browsed for an hour, unable to find it and this was... a year or more ago, I think? And it's always been there?

I'll talk to him and see if he can come back then. Thanks!

Oh really? I don't know why it was so impossible for both of us to find. He said he browsed for an hour, unable to find it and this was... a year or more ago, I think? And it's always been there?

I'll talk to him and see if he can come back then. Thanks!
Yes, it has always been there.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back