Parks mpp unboxing. Build update.

Panaflex

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi all, My wife bought this for me as a Christmas gift. 4-5 months later it became a birthday gift when it finally arrived.
I thought I'd share a few pics of the Unboxing.

Overall, I'm very happy with it, especially with the knowledge that I'll probably never get my hands on a real one.
Its solid and well built. The track is rubber so I'll be replacing that. The shroud obviously has issues but I'm hoping to tweak it and maybe replace it if Roy makes new ones.

Apologies for the uninspired photography.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 392
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 392
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 469
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 498
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 332
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 449
Last edited:
Re: Parks mpp unboxing

Ben, I think it looks great! What are these issues you mention with the shroud? I get the rubber grips part needing to be replaced, but I think it looks awesome man!
And who knows how long he will be making these anymore too.
How are the grips attached?

Thanks Andy!

The grips are attached with a fairly weak bond adhesive that you can just peel off by hand.
The shroud's paint is flat with no crackle to the finish and I believe it may be oversized a bit
but I'm not sure as I'm just going by pics of originals. I know all of this is supposed to be machined from an original so I may be off on this observation. If somebody knows for sure, please chime in.

4-5 months? Geeze, the order page says "In-Stock" and "Ships in 6 weeks or less".

4-5 months? Geeze, the order page says "In-Stock" and "Ships in 6 weeks or less".

Yeah, that's part of why I've been wary of ordering one from him and was looking for an alternative MPP. Guess I'm just going have to bite the bullet though and go with one.

Yeah, it kinda' blew Christmas coming that late. The site said "in stock" then too. He said in a phone call that he was waiting on shrouds and that was holding up orders...

Good product, long wait.

Fortuitous that you just posted this. I wrote to Parks yesterday and they told me they had all the parts but no completed sabers. Said 8 weeks for delivery, so I went ahead and ordered. Let the record show that I ordered on the evening of Thursday, June 18th... let's just say today, the 19th since it was nighttime when I paid. Let's see how long this one takes.

A couple years ago I ordered the ANH saber from him and it took about 3 months, double what I had expected. Wish me luck!

-Ron

Last edited:

Very nice :)

Thanks Andy!

The grips are attached with a fairly weak bond adhesive that you can just peel off by hand.
The shroud's paint is flat with no crackle to the finish and I believe it may be oversized a bit
but I'm not sure as I'm just going by pics of originals. I know all of this is supposed to be machined from an original so I may be off on this observation. If somebody knows for sure, please chime in.

The d-ring on the shroud is also positioned directly below the screw which is the wrong position.

@ terminator- Thanks, I had no idea on the D ring

@ Chizbot- Yeah, You're right. Gotta' be happy to have it.
A weed whacker in Buffalo huh? I've got family there. That snow is unbelieveable. You should be given a real MPP on general principal for dealing with that every winter.

i actually just got a used one from ebay the other day so im waiting on that to arrive so thanks for posting pics of this . i also ordered some parts from parks so we will see how long it takes to get them

Hmmm. I wonder when Roy is going to have those parts...I may need to order a Christmas present for myself soon. My resin shroud copy is a great copy but one drop and it'll be over.

I need the clamp sleeve bad, too.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back