Parchment paper (old school)

gobler

Sr Member
OK I'm going to try to replicate the KSM map but my big problem is where do I find good parchment paper. Let me explaine. Years ago (when I was a lad) places like Knotts Berry Farm and the like had Wanted posters and drawings of guns, wagons and what not you could buy. They were printed on a very neat pulp like parchment that had a feel and smell of old paper. Does any one remember that kind of paper? I'm looking for that paper not the parchment paper for printers. Please help.

Art supply stores will have what you are looking for. A company called "Black Ink" imports a lot of handmade papers from hailand, and there is a lot of Japanese Unryu that you can get with a nice amount of variegated pulp and color to it. As said above, check the printmaking and calligraphy papers. Stonehenge, D'Arches, and Canson are good brands.

Originally posted by gobler@Oct 25 2005, 04:06 PM
OK I'm going to try to replicate the KSM map but my big problem is where do I find good parchment paper. Let me explaine. Years ago (when I was a lad) places like Knotts Berry Farm and the like had Wanted posters and drawings of guns, wagons and what not you could buy. They were printed on a very neat pulp like parchment that had a feel and smell of old paper. Does any one remember that kind of paper? I'm looking for that paper not the parchment paper for printers. Please help.
[snapback]1103685[/snapback]​

Pergamena makes high-quality hand-made parchment. I think I got this link off an RPF harry potter marauders map thread.

Pergamena Parchment

Pergamena offers handmade calfskin, goatskin, and deerskin parchment. It's not cheap. It's about $63 for 5 square feet of parchment.

Originally posted by moffeaton@Oct 26 2005, 07:17 AM
Art supply stores will have what you are looking for. A company called "Black Ink" imports a lot of handmade papers from hailand, and there is a lot of Japanese Unryu that you can get with a nice amount of variegated pulp and color to it. As said above, check the printmaking and calligraphy papers. Stonehenge, D'Arches, and Canson are good brands.
[snapback]1104091[/snapback]​

Slight hijack, but HOLY CRAP. I used to work for Black Ink. Used to pack those great papers for delivery to art stores all over the world. They still in Boulder? File that under small world.

I've purchased from Pergamena. It's basically one guy who makes the parchment, and you get the whole animal's skin. His family runs a tanning shop, so the parchment business just kind of fell to him.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back