Paramount confirms TWO Star Trek films in the works.

I'm sure they will both be terrible.

marvin.jpg

My reading of “two in development” only means that they are funding two script developments, or two teams, to determine which has the most promise. Big whoop.

Something they’ve never done ... a mirror universe film. o_O

Sure, if they were Star Trek, but they never are. They're garbage with a Star Trek label slapped on them, just like we're getting crap with the Star Wars label. These aren't actually good movies, they are cash ins trying to appeal to established audiences.

So true. And when you look at the quality and plausibility of the story telling going back all the way to 1979, and compare it to TOS, you know this is true. The "Where No Man Has Gone Before" feeling just ain't there.

I didn't care for the JJ Trek, enough that I didn't bother with any more of them since. The only way to get me interested again in new Trek is with Tarantino. Curiosity would be enough to get me to watch it, even if it was a train wreck, it would be a beautifully inglorious disaster! ;)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back