Paper Towns (Post-release)

Saw this last night with my family, and it may have been the most genuinely "enjoyable" movie I've seen this year because I had no real expectations. It's typical YA/John Green stuff, with teenagers that are too smart for their own good, and a bit of the Manic Pixie Dream Girl trope, but I thought it was well acted, and it was honestly pretty fun just watching these kids explore this situation. The message can be a little heavy handed and childish from a more adult perspective, as they touch on the typical "don't conform/become part of the system" points you tend to get in movie about teenagers trying to "dream big" and all that, but it takes a bit of a turn away from from that and I took some different meanings home with me. It had my family and me all talking about it on the car ride home, so that's definitely a success on the film makers' part.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back