paper stormtrooper helmet

propmainiac

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi all
Kinda been looking for a stormtrooper helmet to display with my Blaster. Came across a seller in Ebay who is selling a cardstock kit that looks pretty good and I think with some bondo to smooth it would look Great. has anyone tried this and is it a good way to go? Not afraid to get my hands dirty and put time in to make it good. Just don't have the funds for a real helmet.

Hey dude, there are loads of examples on this site of people making helmets etc from cardstock. If you're patient and have talent you can get amazing results. The craft/process is called pepakura - search this site and youtube and you'll find loads of advice. By the way I don't think you will be able to apply bondo directly to the card, you need to use resin to harden the helmet first. I'm in the early stages of my first pepakura helmet and I can tell you it's a long process! sanding, filling, re-sanding, re-filling...
The person selling it on e-bay is only charging you for printing the card and will no doubt be using someone elses plans that they downloaded for free. If you have your own printer you can find pepakura plans online and print yourself. Again, search this site and you'll find plenty of people sharing their plans for free.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back