Paper prop research help needed

Kevin

Hi Everyone,

I am working on a paper prop. I need to track down the source of these two images. They look like medieval woodcuts. The first one looks like it might be by Holbein or Durer but I've drawn a blank.

wolf1.gif
wolf2.gif

If I can't find the originals I shall redraw them from scratch (it's better than drawing a blank).

Any ideas?

Kevin

The Harry Potter reference in your title gives a bit of a clue. According to juno, who also has been working on HP paper props, the makers seemed to use lots of Dover clip art. This is really handy for me, since I work there. Let me do some research and I'll get back to you.

Well I couldn't find a source for these images. They might have been created specifically for the film.
I have started work on rebuilding them. I was hoping to trace them, but there is so much distortion and artifacting from the perspective and lighting correction that I'm better off redrawing them and matching the styles.

Here's what I have so far.
wolf3.gif

wolf4.gif

Also, the pages are thick with typos. This isn't just old English, it's mistakes.
e.g. "becames tained" should read "became stained".
also "Trough primarily a true wolf" which I think should be "Though" (English spelling of tho).
Should I keep the errors in for accuracy or correct them for display?

Originally posted by Kevin@Apr 4 2006, 09:24 AM
Well I couldn't find a source for these images. They might have been created specifically for the film.
Also, the pages are thick with typos. This isn't just old English, it's mistakes.
e.g. "becames tained" should read "became stained".
also "Trough primarily a true wolf" which I think should be "Though" (English spelling of tho).
Should I keep the errors in for accuracy or correct them for display?
[snapback]1219518[/snapback]​
Great start on the pics.

As I recall, the text is taken from a booklet that came with the computer game "The Beast Within":
http://www.mobygames.com/game/beast-within...-knight-mystery

I expect you've already researched the text if you've gotten this far, but on the off change you haven't got to it, you can find it as the last entry at this link:
http://hp4unews.blogspot.com/2004_02_01_hp...ws_archive.html
Dump some of these phrases into Google and you'll get dozens of hits. This text is all over the net.

Excellent links Ivanhotep. The pictures I have didn't have the last line of text on both pages. I could guess at part of the right hand page because of the tips of the letters. I did a pretty good job too except that now I notice the word I guessed as "detection" is actually "dection" which is why I kept thinking i had it wrong.

Now to finish this baby.

Thanks again.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back