Paper Mache predator head sculpt

purgedsoul

Hi Hunters! This is my custom/first predator head sculpt made of paper mache; special thanks goes to usurper for the excellent P1 sculpt as I've used it as reference for this build. I've got the inspiration of using paper mache from fellow hunter izabel when they posted there nice predator costume. Still needs to be dreaded and I will be using pipe foam insulation as dreads. Thanks for looking!

5057012175_3b7351e2e6.jpg

More WIP photos can be found on my Flickr set

Paper Mache custom head sculpt WIP photos

wow, this is awesome. like ToykoRose said: it really doesn't look like it was made out of paper mache.

Wow, would never have guessed it was paper mache :)

And i think its super awesome you thought my sculpt was worthy of refernce.

That's amazing!!! I too use paper mache for my costume, but only armor and bio. I never thought of using it for the head sculpt! Was it difficult getting the shapes right with the paper mache? And how are you planning on attaching the dreads?

Thank you all for your kind words!
@Ashwara - I was having a hard time figuring out how to go about with the shape, then it occurred to me to roll paper strips (just like clay) to establish the preliminary shape then just cover it with paper and then with the mache. For the dreads, I'll just probably be gluing it, but I am planning to make it removable so I may attached with velcro, button clip (dunno what it's called), or magnets (that would be a lot of magnets!)

5057004575_e7846d7887.jpg

That's amazing!!! I never thought of the rolling!!! Maybe when I have time I could do that. Currently I only have a mask that I am attaching a head back (back of the head) to, and I think I'll paper mache it. I'm wondering if I should make a thread... But thanks for the info!!! And good luck with the dreads! (I'm thinking of glueing them, I'm just not sure how well the glue will stick to the paper mache...)

THAT is insane! Jeeze... Im.. simply.. amazed.. I use paper mache myself but mostley for strengthening.. thats.. some good work there bud :)

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back