PANTHER SUIT - New 12/9

Hey guys thought I’d share a project we wrapped up. Everyone here at the studio loves working on custom pieces. Theres something about making something that doesn’t exist or only exists in 2D form come to life. But of course we are also the biggest fans of the movie suits. Even if at times we don’t find it to be what we would have liked to have seen, there’s still a love for the craftsmanship and history of the piece. Even if there are nipples…LOL

As a collective we own many screen used and production made pieces from the films. This suit is one that was done from our in-studio molds. This Panther is made up from about 90% pieces that were Cast From the Original or cast from original molds. In making a complete suit for someone to wear we like to approach it in a similar fashion to a production build. Since obviously with pre-existing parts you won’t be sculpting them from scratch on the actors lifecast, we go about it in a mix of tailoring the suit, the same way a suit maker would. Complete measurements are taken of the body or lifecast the piece is going on. The undersuit, which in this case was taken from an actual production two piece undersuit, is built to these exact measurements. Than the piece is mounted on one of our adjustable forms to those exact measurements. The end results are a perfect fit.

This suit consists of CFO: Full wrap legs, full wrap torso, knees, calf armor, forearm armor, two piece cod, cape, 3 piece symbol, fins, patterned undersuit.

We have a pair of gloves that were not ready at the time the photos were taken that are patterned right from the originals. They are so close to the original that side by side there is no visible difference down to the stitch and I hope to have pics this week. The gloves pictured however are actually an incredible pair of gloves by Red. They are extremely nice and if you have a chance I recommend them highly. We had those on hand at the time and totally love the craftsmanship. As far as boots we have a pair done from the original hero boots that should also be here this next week or so. We have located and acquired the soles also so again these are identical to the originals.

The cowl. Wow where to start. The cowls are such an interesting piece, always. With the Panther cowl the only copy that has been floating around for years is, or has come from, the old Batvault copy. Its small, the features are shrunk, and while nice just missed a lot of the essence of the real piece. It also wouldn’t fit very many people. This cowl pictured is the first Panther from an original hero piece since that cowl. And it is extremely different. The lines, the shape, the depth of the features, the size, its just that cowl. I have to say its breath taking how beautiful it came out and you can see what I mean in the pics. Just flawless. I’ll go over it some more in the next week or so and give some notes from the shop about the different ways of coring the original pieces and how to go to resin right from an alginate mold so there is no shrinkage or distortion.

In the meantime enjoy the pics and let us know what you think.
cfo-panther1.jpg

p6.jpg

cape.jpg

pantherup1.jpg

P.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: PANTHER SUIT - 90% Cast from Original complete

Pieces look great! Easily the best panther I've seen put together in all these years. Love the coloring. Check your e-mail.

Top Notch!!!

Is it Urethane or Latex?
GFollano

if it wasnt for the nipples, i think this would be my favorite suit :)

is this all in one piece, or how many are there?

cheers
EoS

if it wasnt for the nipples, i think this would be my favorite suit :)

is this all in one piece, or how many are there?

cheers
EoS

All one piece?? The armor would be screen accurate so it would be 9 separate piece plus the cowl. Then boots, belt, gloves, emblem, fins, cape and undersuit. Many pieces to a Bat suit. ;)

Thanks a lot guys its appreciated. It takes a great team to do a build like this and all of the artists did a great job.

The armor and cape are latex and the other pieces are made from a variety of urethanes. The armor is mounted as described to a two piece undersuit and its a compliment to the team that you feel it has that one piece look!

Last edited:

OMG i want one, that is all i have to say . Oh and AWESOME !!!!!! job

That's one amazing looking bat suit....killer job to all who worked on it.

Great work !!! Panther suit is ( imho ) far far better than any other Batman movie costumes .If you have the molds, make one type without nipples and you'll realize a dream of many Batman Panther Fans :rolleyes

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back