Pan's Sword from Hook (stunt and stab version)

CaptainEO

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey everyone. So I'm super excited, so forgive me if I ramble, but I just purchased my first screen used prop! Two at that! I saw a thread back in March on the main forum about a replica Pan's sword from the movie Hook. Someone mentioned that they knew someone who had 2 screen used swords from the movie: a stab version (with retractable blade) and a rubber stunt version. The owner purchased them from a prop master who worked on the movie. He posted some pictures he took (you can see the original pics here). Funnily enough, I recognized the place where the pictures were taken, it was a local collectibles show called Frank and Son's. Being a HUGE fan of the movie, the next time I went I looked everywhere for them with no luck. Flash forward 2 months, back at Frank and Son's. I'm waiting for my friend to arrive, so I'm wandering around and happen across the swords! I literally just watched Hook the previous night, so they were fresh in my mind. I talk to the owner, have a nice conversation with him, and long story short, I bought both of them!

Ok, so enough talk, on with the pics!

Both swords:
both.jpg

Stab version, with retractable metal blade:
stab01.jpg

stab02.jpg

Stunt version, with rubberized blade:
stunt01.jpg

stunt02.jpg

The stunt version's blade appears to be rubber with an internal structure. The hilt looks to be resin, and the handle is wrapped in leather. The whole sword appears to have been metalized, including the hilt. You can see the color cracking through.

The stab version has an all metal blade that is composed of two parts that slide inside each other to simulate the stab. The blade is attached to the hilt with a metal pin. The hilt appears to be made of the same material as the stunt, and the handle is also wrapped in leather.

Let me know if anyone wants any more specific pics! So excited!!

Last edited:
Please tell me they were ASTRONOMICALLY expensive; way out of my budget, and that I didn't miss a golden opportunity...

I've been to F&S once or twice - never saw anything this cool.

Please tell me they were ASTRONOMICALLY expensive; way out of my budget, and that I didn't miss a golden opportunity...

I've been to F&S once or twice - never saw anything this cool.

Usually F&S has some cool action figures, maybe a few higher end Hot Toys stuff, but never anything like this. I wish I could tell you they were insanely expensive.... but I'd be lying if I did. :$ I never kiss and tell, but lets just say I've paid more for some of my replica props than I had to pay for both. :cool

Nice find!

Am I missing the pics, they are not showing up?

Thanks! The pics are working for me, are they broken for anyone else?

I HAVE WANTED THIS SWORD ALL MY LIFE !!!!!!!!!!

I have literally searched every nook and cranny of the gorram internet for just pictures of this bloody prop but to no avail !

I can't even believe you just happened upon these ! Brilliant !!!

If you are ever looking to sell you have an interested member right here !

Mooniteman@yahoo.com

WOW

Thank you for the post !

AJ

As much as I want to tell you how much i hate you out of pure jealousy and envy, after reading the original post im glad the swords are in the position of someone who understands there value among fans and give them a good home so they're not rotting away in some second-hand shop...i still hate you though :)

Thanks so much everyone! I'm glad you enjoy the pics :)

As much as I want to tell you how much i hate you out of pure jealousy and envy, after reading the original post im glad the swords are in the position of someone who understands there value among fans and give them a good home so they're not rotting away in some second-hand shop...i still hate you though :)

Totally!! It was sad seeing them in the place they were in... and they would have rotted away there, no doubt. If it's any consolation to you, I am a huge fan and will take the utmost of care for these swords. They are by far the pride of my collection. It was totally a dream come true finding these, I remember being awe-struck seeing the sword for the first time in theaters, and it's one of the few props that I said to myself upon seeing it, "wow, I want that!"

And I would never have found them without the RPF, so thank you all for that! :thumbsup

Def very happy for you (and hate you at the same time like everyone else). The jealous resentment def. gets superceded by an appreciation for your pics and you sharing the story with us. I always like when collectors understand these pieces are bigger than any one of us and the fans deserve a glimpse. Really a great story.

I remember having the toy version and running around the house "crowing." Now if anyone was interested in molding these for replicas...

Seeing the movie when I was a kid I to always wanted this sword. Remember asking my dad to buy me one that look just like it. lol Turned out got me the cheapest looking plastic sword out their. lol Your so lucky...

thanks for posting these pics man! Kinda hate you too :) since ive been to frank and sons. But thanks for posting shots, Ive had a friend working on a real sword prop since last summer. It should be ready within the month. These new shots are quite a find. I really only had 1 picture of the prop in a display case i found deep within a google search.

I noticed your in LA too, would love to come check these out sometime, maybe even after I have mine finished to show you. That film means so much to me as well.

Thanks again everyone! I would love to see the pic you found Indakin, I wonder if it's of one of the same swords I was able to acquire.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back