PALPATINE THRONE ROOM 1/4 SCALE

GEEK1138

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So whilst beavering away at my Mando ship in the background, I have been tasked with creating the quarter scale throne room from ROTJ.
Planning on doing most of it in laser cut ply and Perspex. The basic set is 3 x 8 foot window panels and 2 viewport panels with various sconces/ mouldings and framed details. Also the 'flower' consoles and the ceiling structures to be printed. I plan on having lights in the wall panels and consoles too

Here's the first half window cut;
r1QoSRql.jpg

MUsztOal.jpg
cMxqNJMl.jpg

Sure why not!!!! While your at it just make the whole darn Star Wars universe in sixth scale, or quarter scale, or life size.

Oh, look Geek is making a life size Star Destroyer. Big deal, he made the Executer last night:mad::(:confused::cautious:(n):sleep::oops:

I'm still trying to figure out how all these Geek creations benefit me. Oh,..wait,..they don't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well they do, as I will one day get to the museum.

Geek if you can take time away from walking on water, two questions.

Laser cut wood?? How does that work and how much does that cost????

Are all these things for the museum?

Yep, cutting plywood with a laser cutter...my machine can cut thru up to 10mm in ply, so perfect for flat pack projects...relatively quick but of course u have to model and prepare all the files first, and the cost of ply has sky rocketed, and u have to buy the machine too!

Yep all for the new 1/6 scale exhibition.

So the first half window is complete except for fitting the Plexi-glass. I've finished it in a mid grey but we're still debating exactly what colour to go for, Any help in this department would be appreciated.

qhYNpCKl.jpg
EtaegQHl.jpg
hRHTvoSl.jpg

F.A.B. mate:cool::cool:(y)(y) :notworthy: :notworthy: As for the color; the whole scene in the movie was rather on the "Dark Side" of lighting that set:unsure::D
So...maybe going for a dark grey could be the ticket.

Great (and fast) work as always! Quick question: you said this is for a 1/6 scale exhibition but the thread title says 1/4. Is that a mistake, or is there a reason why this would be done in 1/4 scale?

Great (and fast) work as always! Quick question: you said this is for a 1/6 scale exhibition but the thread title says 1/4. Is that a mistake, or is there a reason why this would be done in 1/4 scale?
Actually, my mistake...I shouldn't have called it a 1/6 exhibition...it is in fact a 'scaled' exhibition rather than purely 1/6

Not sure there's much point in posting progress as every piece looks exactly the same...this is window half 3 waiting for plexi, and I'm starting to layout window half 4;
kE4RHBll.jpg

tYes6wol.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back