Paints

GiGi the Pred

I heard that certain kinds of paint don't work well with latex due to the fact that it can crease or tear as the latex masks and/or skins bend.
What is a good guide, and how many different kinds of paints are generally used in the painting of the predator?

well I can tell you what I have used in my paint ups I use createx paint and to make sure it doesn't crack off like you said with paints unless there actual latex paint
you need to mix it with an adhesive called pro-saide it makes the paint stick to the mask so when it bends it doesn't crack off and when you touch it it doesnt smudge off
then you need to use a sealer to seal in the paint and pro-saide most people and myself use monstermakers perma-wet it gives a shine to your paint job and makes
sure it its sealed and doesn't smudge off so with the pros-aide I dont mix it with the paint to run it through my airbrush I paint it on the mask on a different layer with a cheap
airbrush now you can also mix latex with paint to make a similar mix to pros-aide I haven't personally done it I'm more than happy with my airbrush paint createx and the pro-saide
hope this small info helps ya.

well I can tell you what I have used in my paint ups I use createx paint and to make sure it doesn't crack off like you said with paints unless there actual latex paint
you need to mix it with an adhesive called pro-saide it makes the paint stick to the mask so when it bends it doesn't crack off and when you touch it it doesnt smudge off
then you need to use a sealer to seal in the paint and pro-saide most people and myself use monstermakers perma-wet it gives a shine to your paint job and makes
sure it its sealed and doesn't smudge off so with the pros-aide I dont mix it with the paint to run it through my airbrush I paint it on the mask on a different layer with a cheap
airbrush now you can also mix latex with paint to make a similar mix to pros-aide I haven't personally done it I'm more than happy with my airbrush paint createx and the pro-saide
hope this small info helps ya.
Thanks, very helpful.
Is latex paint expensive?? Or would I be better off just mixing the paint with pros-aide..?

no worries well I think here in Australia it is a lot cheaper to work with the prosaide
here's a link to latex paints sold in melbourne http://www.dalchem.com.au/index.php?page=s...&Itemid=121 and a link to pro-saide sold from a place in sydney http://www.barnes.com.au/catalog/product_i...d06283bf6ea29e7
you be the judge of cost's it might work out both the same but I personally like to use pros-aide with createx paints good luck with it

Thanks, very helpful.
Is latex paint expensive?? Or would I be better off just mixing the paint with pros-aide..?

I mix some latex with acrylic paints, but with alcohol and water. It seems to work fine. But yeah the pros-aide thing is an FX industry standard for prosthetics cuz its thin and flexible.
For skins a rubber cement mix is used for thicker skins.

I mix some latex with acrylic paints, but with alcohol and water. It seems to work fine. But yeah the pros-aide thing is an FX industry standard for prosthetics cuz its thin and flexible.
For skins a rubber cement mix is used for thicker skins.
Could I have some brand names, if it is not too much trouble.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back