Paintings in movies?

adamata

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So, I am trying to come up with a list of paintings that were props in movies.

Like the Vigo Painting in Ghostbusters 2.

I am just drawing a blank (no pun intended) :)

What else is there?

The painting the Vigo painting turns into with the four guys & the baby...

There's a painting in Grand Budapest Hotel...

There's a painting or two in Mortdecai.

A few real DaVinci paintings in Angels & Demons, right? One of those Dan Brown movies...

The painting on a panel of the knight completing the 'leap of faith' from Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade...

Murals on the wall of the visitors' center dining room in Jurassic Park.

Art from Monuments Men?

Also there's a cute film with Christopher Walken, Morgan Freeman, and Bill Macy called The Maiden Heist that features paintings.

Goodfellas also has the horrible paintings done by Tommy's mother, 2 dogs in a rowboat or some crazy thing like that.

Not a film but the "Kramer" on Seinfeld.

I think most movies feature paintings, but not that many use famous paintings as a plot device.

These paintings used in movies come to mind:

- several Picasso's in Titanic
- The Seurat painting in Ferris Bueler's Day Off
- Some classic paintings in V for Vendetta
- La Guernica in Children of Men

And in both Skyfall and House of Cards, there are scenes in front of paintings in museums.
-

Just saw a clip from Yankee Doodle Dandee with Cagney dancing down a grand stair case lined with 5-6 paintings.

Not sure if that strikes your interest...

Attachments

• 8c93abde4b50.jpg
    8c93abde4b50.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 69
Good stuff, thanks!

Long story short. I work at Vistaprint and we are going to be expanding our canvas print offerings and part of that is doing a *lot* of internal testing. So, that means I have to come up with lots if different ideas, and I didnt want to just do anything and waste them :)

Thanks everyone for the feedback :)

Not exactly what you're looking for but an interesting bit about paintings and movies.. There was a painting that had been missing since 1928 in the movie Stuart Little. An art historian just happen to be familiar with the piece, and just happen to watch the movie with his daughter one day and noticed it.

My personal favorite are these Freddy Kreuger paintings from Wes Craven's New Nightmare. I replicated them a while back, so I'm gonna throw in a little plug. I'll remove it if it isn't cool.

wlz2eKz.png

My replicas

Fairly recent, but the title Woman in Gold,and in terms of V for Vendetta, I would love to see a print of ​God Save the Queen

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back