Painting supplies in the UK?

Lee1

Sorry guys, gotta ask this as MM it seems wont PP invoice me and ship to the UK, they have given me a company known as Mouldlife, but there sit turns up hardly anything i need!

Need to get a hold of Permawet, Prosaide and some latex paints in the UK...any ideas lads, i need this gear so im ready to start work when my mask arrives!

bests......lee

ring them mate, you'll get more info off them that way...Excellent guys to work with and will bend over backwards for you if you're new to the game. Not sure they'll have perma wet over here through Monstermakers...But they are distributors for MM foam latex and other stuff...you can get hold of liquitex gloss medium from art suppliers and it's flexible like perma wet...IProsaid you can get from them too.

Mav, will do buddy, planned to call them now as online searching is proving fruitless haha! Ive just bagged some Liquitex, and will go with Faskolor mixed to the Prosaide and applied to the mask, ill order that in the AM...getting there guys...slowly!

Thanks for writing blokey :)

lee

Prosaide = Google

Permawet = Uk equivelent LIQUITEX GLOSS MEDIUM & Varnish

If your using Prosaide you do not need latex paints, you can just use INKs like FW etc with the prosaide.

I doubt mouldlife will be as competitive as some Art places online as they are more FX supplies. Expect to pay around £4 per jar of FW inks.

Usurper, thanks buddy, after much searching, im good to go lol, Prosaide...bloomin fortune here, but i went with a 500g bottle, should last me a lil' bit!
Permawet...yuppers, bagged some Liquitex.
Paints...going with Faskolor buddy, ive used them on vinyl kits and RC shells, and the feedback from the guys here, seems very good...going to try coat the mask with prosaide...then mix indivual Faskolors with the same gear and water, should make for a nice flexi coat.

Just need my gear to land now, and you can have a good laugh at my attempts....still leaning and an aged elder/albino.

Thought of laying down a flesh tone, not too dark, then from here, a trans purple in the masks deeper recesses?

Then, hit that with a toned down white...to finally a pearl white, then go with the freckles and intricate markings, its only an under/half mask...but i still want it to look the shizzle with a Bio on it!

Should be interesting lol, but i do have to get some external mixer brushes...dont fancy using my Tamiya and Iwata's for the prosaide mix!

bests....and cant wait to join you guys in the paint threads!

lee

I always use FASKOLOR as my base on my masks after a layer of prosaide, so your good there. But i find the inks easier to work with. as you say Faskolor is for RC stuff so designed to take a bashing.

Personally i do not mix prosaide in with the inks i just paint a layer onto the mask,then straight inks over the top, only WHEN the mask is no longer tacky do i add another layer of prosaide.

anyway good luck.

Lee from Lee. :)

Ahh, i got ya...Lee!!!! LOL! OK cool ill see how i go, would be nice to use the brushes that i have, hell they cost me enough, and im at home using them...so on your tip, i may just try prosaide on the mask, and top up the tack as i go i guess, man...i REALLY want to get started on this..kid on Christmas morining springs to mind!

bests, and thanks for tips buddy.....lee

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back