Painting on a Latex Mask

TeeVee

HI! I'm doing a Technoblade cosplay, and I decided to alter an Inosuke mask for it. Only problem is that the original mask is grey, and I need a pink one. It's a latex mask, so I don't really know what would work. I would just do trial and error, but I don't want to mess up the mask since I have very limited funds and the mask was kinda expensive for me. Does anyone know what I should do?

HI! I'm doing a Technoblade cosplay, and I decided to alter an Inosuke mask for it. Only problem is that the original mask is grey, and I need a pink one. It's a latex mask, so I don't really know what would work. I would just do trial and error, but I don't want to mess up the mask since I have very limited funds and the mask was kinda expensive for me. Does anyone know what I should do?
i painted a Kirk mask to make my Myers mask with acrylic paint mixed with liquid latex and it worked perfectly. that's an old trick in the monster making biz
1438420F-3424-4E43-BFCB-345637AC5944.jpeg

i painted a Kirk mask to make my Myers mask with acrylic paint mixed with liquid latex and it worked perfectly. that's an old trick in the monster making bizView attachment 1360598
But, you need to check if the acrylic paint can be mixed with latex. Latex tends to have averse reactions to a lot of substances. (Especially metal based pigments, but also a lot of other stuff)
I would reccomend to use liquid latex and latex pigments. You can get them easily on the internet.
For a good even paintjob you can even spray liquid latex with a cheap paint gun (not airbrusch, a cheap big hardware store paintgun for a compressor is enough and often easyer to use with it)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back