Painting Hot toys?

Origami Unicorn

Sr Member
Hi,
I'm going to buy the lost predator and I'm planing on turning him in to this guy
So I need help with the paint, please help! and thanks

Attachments

• f.bmp
    279.2 KB · Views: 237
  • f2.bmp
    336.9 KB · Views: 143
Last edited by a moderator:
ya as i've said hot toys are kinda nice cause you don't really need a base coat or nothin, probably better if you do just so nothing gets scratched before the final coat, but if you're kinda carful it'll be fine. i always use acrylics on my hot toys but that doesn't mean it's the best, i just find it easier to build colors and skin textures with acrylics.

and yes as stated, you've got two different preds i think, theres a "boar" and the appropriately titled "brother boar" both very similar bios and armor layout but one has much deeper colors on his bio as opposed to his "brother"

good luck though buddy!!! i love painting hot toys preds, as much of a pain in the ass as they are. but yes you could totally turn a lost predator into that guy (either one) just forget about the borg chest armor, except you'll have to take off the tiny little shoulder plates on the armor to use on your figure.

have fun man!! it's what it's all about!!

No prob mate, got "the pain" tattooed on my back, it's my rugby nickname ;) And cheers for the compliment. Done all those when I didn't have a clue how to paint or what I was doing... but gotta say they ain't too bad

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back