painting flexible foam armor?

th3 pr3dat0r

is there a special way to paint flexible foam armor. like some people solidify it but i want mine to stay flexible. should i paint it like i would latex?

You can use plasti-dip as a base. Find a 10 percent latex and mix a 50/50 ratio acrylic paint ..sponge it on to give the metallic textures. Great place to order latex by the way:
ARTSTUF

also, rub and buff is a wax base antiquing finish..wont crack ..comes in all metal colors

hope this helps

i use any old silver acrylic and mix a bit of latex with it, then either sponge or airbrush, i use an external mix as i find it doesn't take long for the paint to clog it up

i use any old silver acrylic and mix a bit of latex with it, then either sponge or airbrush, i use an external mix as i find it doesn't take long for the paint to clog it up

Exactly what he said but I use permawet with my paint instead. I have a hlaf mask from biohunter and its the only mask that I have to this day that still streatches with the paint. Its also my oldest mask. 3 yrs old. looks the same as when I got it

I basecoat in black (acrylic paint/liquid latex) then drybrush a metalic paint/latex combo over the black,again 50/50 (drybrushing is taking a flat brush wiping most of the paint of onto a soft cloth).
Then i go in with seasponges doing layers of various metalic colours
bensheadandpred004.jpg

IMG_0001-1.jpg

bensheadandpred004.jpg

IMG_0001-1.jpg

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back