painting flexible foam armor?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

th3 pr3dat0r

is there a special way to paint flexible foam armor. like some people solidify it but i want mine to stay flexible. should i paint it like i would latex?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Xalener

I know this is major revival, but I'd like to know too.

Are there flexible metallic paints that don't crack?

ptgreek

You can use plasti-dip as a base. Find a 10 percent latex and mix a 50/50 ratio acrylic paint ..sponge it on to give the metallic textures. Great place to order latex by the way:
ARTSTUF

also, rub and buff is a wax base antiquing finish..wont crack ..comes in all metal colors

hope this helps

esdain

i use any old silver acrylic and mix a bit of latex with it, then either sponge or airbrush, i use an external mix as i find it doesn't take long for the paint to clog it up

batmanvspredator

i use any old silver acrylic and mix a bit of latex with it, then either sponge or airbrush, i use an external mix as i find it doesn't take long for the paint to clog it up

Exactly what he said but I use permawet with my paint instead. I have a hlaf mask from biohunter and its the only mask that I have to this day that still streatches with the paint. Its also my oldest mask. 3 yrs old. looks the same as when I got it

frosty

Sr Member
I basecoat in black (acrylic paint/liquid latex) then drybrush a metalic paint/latex combo over the black,again 50/50 (drybrushing is taking a flat brush wiping most of the paint of onto a soft cloth).
Then i go in with seasponges doing layers of various metalic colours
bensheadandpred004.jpg

IMG_0001-1.jpg

bensheadandpred004.jpg

IMG_0001-1.jpg