Painting faux leather boots

sprielly

I apologize if this is not the appropriate section to post this, however I just ordered the Funtasma Captain-100 boots in white and I need to paint them green for my Green Lantern cosplay. Can anyone recommend what kind of paint I can use so it doesn't crack and where I could purchase some of this paint (Preferably not online). Thanks

I typically use (as well as many others) Meltonian Nu-Life Color Spray to paint vinyl/faux leather boots. Very rare you'll find that spray in stores (maybe shoe repair shops) but Amazon will be your best bet. Multiple colors to choose from and they typically run about $10.

I typically use (as well as many others) Meltonian Nu-Life Color Spray to paint vinyl/faux leather boots. Very rare you'll find that spray in stores (maybe shoe repair shops) but Amazon will be your best bet. Multiple colors to choose from and they typically run about $10.
Yup! What he said. I buy my Nu- Life at this little shoe repair place by my house. they charge me 8 bucks a can.

I have once (very successfully) sprayed some black boots white with nu life and was then able to use some spray paint them orange with some krylon. Not saying it will definitely work, but it did with my captain boots.

The place I go to carried another brand of spray but worked the same. It came in regular green as I needed it for my son's D. Wayne costume.

Look around, I know they make a true green. You may also want to de-glaze the boots first. Sometimes the coating of PU boots interferes with the adhesion of the Nu-life. And, as Jawafive said, painting the boots white first would give a truer green color.

Look around, I know they make a true green. You may also want to de-glaze the boots first. Sometimes the coating of PU boots interferes with the adhesion of the Nu-life. And, as Jawafive said, painting the boots white first would give a truer green color.

The boots I bought are already white are you saying paint them white anyway?

And just for future ref, there are lots of cosplay sites with huge boot selections, and are usually more than willing to custom colour, etc. CCosplaysky is a great resource for that.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back