Painting a Hez Celtic

rabbit

Hey there fellow hunters, my celtic bio arrived yesterday! I am completely ecstatic over this piece. One its a work of art, never seen anything like it before! So well made, thick cast, just all around incredible. Two its my FIRST piece of predator armor from any of the artists on the lair! This thing is just a work of art

Ahhh the beauty of a raw casting. if i could, i'd leave it like this.
IMG_3584.jpg

First coat of hammered silver spray paint (YES there is primer under it, i just didn't take pictures of the primered bio XD)
IMG_3596.jpg

IMG_3595.jpg

After a few black washes to pop the details and mock lenses taped in
IMG_3607.jpg

IMG_3609.jpg

please excuse my box of vinyls with Michael creepishly pearing over the dome of the helmet :D

Far from finished I'm looking to make this dirty and worn, almost like a P1 bio. and as always comments/critiques are always welcome! I'd like a bit of criticism as well a bunch of ' sweet job keep it up ' comments don't always help, so feel free to tell me if anything looks off or any suggestions you may have! More to come so stay tuned!

don't really have any critisism for ya,......

but if i had to guess one,...
i'd say re-black the mouth and barely mist it in silver that way the deep parts look even deeper and greasier

other than that sorry,........u need no help ,.....

My only critique would be to see if you could get a bit more black weathering into the deeper recesses of the mask. Maybe it's darker than it appears and the camera just doesn't pick up on it. Otherwise, it looks fantastic!

one more WIP just to get an idea of how dark i had this for a point
IMG_3613-1.jpg

Here it is all painted up, im pretty happy with it but still open to critiques :)
IMG_3623.jpg

IMG_3624.jpg

IMG_3625.jpg

IMG_3628.jpg

IMG_3634.jpg

i think for my first time painting a bio or anything like this, it looks pretty good!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back