Painted a P2 mask

esdain

well a while i ago i purchased a P2 from Lee (usurper) and i have to say the thing is awesome, but because of that i didn't want to use my old crappy airbrush that splatters and in generally poop to paint it. So i started to find bits on ebay for an old aerograph 63 i had laying around that had seen better days, and months later, new needle, new head, complete sonic clean and alot of tlc it is working, and it works well.
so plucking up some courage i started to paint this P2 head, i never intended it to be a P2 style paint up when i started and didn't really have any style of pred in mind, just wanted to see what popped out. this is the first time i have used a dual action airbrush which took a little getting used to but was loads better than a single action i had. but anyway, on to pics :lol:

i test fitted the teeth, well the ones that would stay in with out holding them anyway

SV500004-3.jpg

after a few hours painting here is where i was, looking at the pics i took i came to realise i hated what "spots" were on his head, while painting i thought i brought them further forward

SV500002-3.jpg

a lick of paint on the side of his face and head, started to bring the spots further forward

SV500001-2.jpg

and this is pretty much where he is atm

SV500003_2.jpg

SV500007-1.jpg

i have added his quills before i topcoat him completely, but i am not pleased with his mouth, i am thinking of blending his lower mandibles to creamy white more but the inside of his mouth looks too pink in my eyes, i plan to darken this if i can. i am starting his teeth now and will glue those in before finishing him with permawet (well liquitex)
overall i am pleased with how he has turned out but sadly i fear i might have to sell him financial situation isn't looking great atm but i am trying to find ways i can keep him

SV500004-3.jpg

SV500002-3.jpg

SV500001-2.jpg

SV500003_2.jpg

SV500007-1.jpg

awesome paint up bud is there eny chance you would beable to give me a list of the paints you used and places in cant get them many thanks

awesome paint up bud is there eny chance you would beable to give me a list of the paints you used and places in cant get them many thanks :lol:

sure, i got all my stuff froma local art store in leicester called Gasby's, great place but i used FW inks which you can get in colemans or most other art shops, or online, i'll pm you a list of colours.
only problem will be getting hold of prosaide which i put on between layers of inks, had to order that from mouldlife.com or some place like that

well i finally finished this P2, overall i am pleased with him. there are a few things i will do differently on my next mask, mainly the mouth.

SV500002_4.jpg

SV500011-2.jpg

SV500002_4.jpg

SV500011-2.jpg

very nice

i love the P2 mask

the only thing i can say is maybe add a few lil dots of the darker brown randomly around the mask like you have with the lighter brown

well i decided to keep this mask and gonna use it for my suit for photos and halloween so thought it best to dread him up, he is a little thin on top but have some dreads on the way soon to finish him off

SV500009-1.jpg

SV500012-2.jpg

SV500013.jpg

so he is done for now till i get these other dreads and repaint the rest of my suit in that style

SV500009-1.jpg

SV500012-2.jpg

SV500013.jpg

Dread it up more if ya want but I think it looks great. Mouth looks good too. Mabey it could use a little somthing but I cant put my finger on it.

the mouth looks better in more natural light, like in the pics with the dreads, but i think it's a little pink in places, maybe more red needed. i tihnk he needs a few more dread rings too

yea, if you pinch them closed obviously the cheeks flap, a bit like scars and also the head goes a weird shape, not a pretty sight

The sculpt was basically finished before i got offered the screen used mandible teeth, you can cut them down in size. each to his or her own.

The mask was never intended to be 1.1 size, i mean the P2 hed was huuuuuuuuuuuuge, my mask is more sized to wear and not look like a teletubby.

i am in 2 minds about the teeth, everytime i look at them i change my mind, i wake somedays and think, ****** they are huge, but then other times i look and think, they look awesome big, the upper ones i will keep the size they are, but the lowers i might trim some off the bottom. i just love the fact that they are screen accurate ones

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back