Paintball Predator

Northstar666

Hi guys, thought I might let you all in on my project that has been going for the last year. I am currently constructing the most advanced paintball predator system you have ever seen!.

What can it do you say? ....well here's the spec's

Helmet - 3D video glasses - done
- Headset - microphone & headphones - done
- Video camera - done
- Virtual head tracking system - done
- Fan cooling system
- Tri Lasers - 10mW Red

Biosuit - Modified paintball marker
- Servo driven and controlled - done
- Apex barrel and control system ( allows paintballs to be fired around corners or into bunkers) - done
- Loader and warp feeder system ( PC controlled) - done
- Onboard Laptop - done
- Onboard power system - done
- Onboard air system - done
- Onboard GPS & compass - done

Overview : - when completed, you put this system on power her up, and look through the helmet from straight ahead to 90 degrees left, where you look is where the marker targets, you use your fingers in a glove to confirm firing and the apex barrel will allow you to shoot those people hiding behind trees! :) . The GPS system allows you to download a topo map from google and then GPS where you are, am looking at the range finding aspect of it.

So do you still don't believe me?

Well here a few pics to convince you I'm not full of s@#* !

Will keep you all posted when I'm done, oh just take a quick look at my 'predator paintball cannon' on youtube to see me having a quick play with the y axis!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwKar5nbJIM

Cheers

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

OUT-FRAKKIN-STANDING!!!! way to make your mark on The Lair man!!! what would something like this cost?

Well I'm guessing in the $5K - 10K range ..... I've picked up heaps of bits and pieces everywhere .... just the time component is huge ... was thinking of building them to order in the future ... what do you think? do you think people would pay $10K for something like this?

wow thats amazing! well done :) can't wait to how it works when it's finished. I just found this on youtube! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxBa5bQfTGc if you can get it this responsive we're all doom! hehe. keep up the good work :D

Yeah, I talked with him at one stage and convinced him to sell the software and hardware, finally he sells the software with the controller and plans to build your own, very cool! .... I have worked out a way that mine can target multiple objects, then shoot them all, provided they don't move, otherwise I would have to put a web cam on the cannon and tell it to shoot anything that moves .... pretty complex stuff!

Yeah, I talked with him at one stage and convinced him to sell the software and hardware, finally he sells the software with the controller and plans to build your own, very cool! .... I have worked out a way that mine can target multiple objects, then shoot them all, provided they don't move, otherwise I would have to put a web cam on the cannon and tell it to shoot anything that moves .... pretty complex stuff!
Yeh, i really like your aim via where you look. what servos are you using?

Yeh, i really like your aim via where you look. what servos are you using?

Servos are from a model shop, 13Kg capable, so they have plenty of grunt .... the hardest part has been the virtual head tracking, looked at using a PS3 controller but couldn't extract the X,Y,Z co-ords out of GlovePIE into my software ..

6 4czxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx sorry i just stroked out about so cool that ******* is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back