paintball comms

Cedva Ko

ok. im trying to build a paintball helmet with comms. im using adafruit to get the parts. when powered up i want all team members to hear and talk to all other team member at all times. im using a bone capacater for for the speakers. what would i need to make this work? im looking at using flora and fona, but am thinking i might need to use xbee instead. what would i have to use with an xbee to make this work?

I wouldn't go with a system that has everyone talking at the same time ALL the time. ive used several different systems of walkies and throat mic's etc before for paintball and p.t.t. is the way to go. otherwise you just get a jumbled mess of people running, yelling, paintball guns shooting,heavy breathing and talking to the person next to them/you. it sounds like a cool idea but it is WAY to confusing.. ;) my 2 cents :$

I'm looking for an alternative to PTT. I should have mentioned that ill be using bone capacitors for the speakers and throat mikes for the microphones, so at least the breathing thing should cut down if i understand the tech right

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back