paint resin

beal

just wanted to now wat short of paint do i use to paint resin and will in need to seal it aswell cheers and wats the best paint it with air brush or just a brush cheers

well depending on the rresin you can lightly sand it,prime it,sand again with a finer grit sand paper,wash off ,paint a base coat with spray paint,acrylic or airbrush, as far as airbrush paints creatix in my opinion is the best,relitivly inexpensive too, and as far as sealing it you might want to go get a clear matte or gloss spray paint depending on the application, should be it i think,chime in guys and gals if im missing somthing

No you not missing anything Ricardo. but first wash it in soapy water, dry it and sand it to enable the primer to bond better. Grey auto spray from poundland is what i use. Works a treat and its only a pound!! For sealing painted resin i found Plasti-kote fast dry enamel spray works well and is hard wearing. Its pretty common in art/craft shops and if you dont seal it the paint will wear through really quickly when you handle it and we cant be having that!!. Lol. I havent tried airbrushing yet sorry. Will be doing shortly though. Hope this helps bud

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back