Paint beads

Metal Man

I have a set of Bambooie P2 beads and was wondering what kind of paint to use on them.Something that last. Any help would be great.

1. Wash them is soapy water, and let dry
2. Spray on a coat of primer so that the paint will stick to the resin.
3. Any type of acrylic paint will work just fine

Primer will be the most important step because if you don't prime the resin and just paint them, you risk the paint not adhering to the resin and flaking off. I use Pro Form High Build Primer/Filler in light grey (PF 637)

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Wash them is soapy water, and let dry
2. Spray on a coat of primer so that the paint will stick to the resin.
3. Any type of acrylic paint will work just fine

Primer will be the most important step because if you don't prime the resin and just paint them, you risk the paint not adhering to the resin and flaking off. I use Pro Form High Build Primer/Filler in light grey (PF 637)
Thanks alot for that information on painting. Is this an auto primer that I can buy at a auto store. I'm very new with this Predator building stuff, but I'm having a great time learning new things.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've used black rustoleum car primer found at Home Depot. Personally, I haven't used the "filler" primers. I fear they will fill in the smaller details (Could be a worthless fear, but that's just me). Don't forget a clear topcoat to seal in the acrylics. I believe most people use Krylon, but go figure, it's not found at HD, but rather Walmart and Kmart...

I've used black rustoleum car primer found at Home Depot. Personally, I haven't used the "filler" primers. I fear they will fill in the smaller details (Could be a worthless fear, but that's just me). Don't forget a clear topcoat to seal in the acrylics. I believe most people use Krylon, but go figure, it's not found at HD, but rather Walmart and Kmart...
Do you know where can I find acrylic paints like Gold,Brass,Bone, colors like the P2 Beads? Thanks for your help.

Thanks so much I have one about 17 miles away, I'll see what I can find.

Michaels will be your best friend, You can also look for Hobby Lobby or Jo'Anns both should have the same stuff as Michaels.

Hobby Lobby in my opinion is better, not because I worked there as a teenager but their prices and selection has ALWAYS been better than Michaels

-James

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back