PA, NJ, NY, MD, DE and others closee enough Doctor Who group meet up

Terrasolo

Sr Member
Hello everyone,

This is a follow up to the “Doctor Who at the PA Ren Faire” thread ( http://www.therpf.com/f24/doctor-who-pa-ren-faire-127267/ )which had sparked interest in a Time Traveler’s or Doctor Who meet up in costume. Bootlegger137 and I have been kicking around ideas for the group and while we would like to try to meet up sooner than February it’s looking a lot like these are our February options. Both in Maryland.

First we were thinking of FARPOINT - February 2012 - Baltimore Fandom's Family Reunion The pros here is that it may have events or dealers rooms more geared towards our interests. But it seemed like a good place to meet up in costume and get some nice shots.

That said, it has also come to our attention Celebrating the 100th anniversary of Japan's historic gift of Cherry Blossoms to Washington may be an event more suited to our particular costuming interests. The pros here is we know of two other Doctor Who groups that will be there and the venue looks perfect for taking shots of the group. The one Who group already going is wanting to do a massive group shot of everyone so that could be fun as well.

The cons is that it is mainly an anime event, but as you can see in this video, the venue is spectacular and if you pay attention to 0:22 you can see a Who group in there as well.

Now, we are willing to go to either event, I believe they are the same weekend, but so far the kastsucon is looking more attractive. However we wanted to put it to a vote and see what everyone else thought. So please feel free to let us know and remember other events are welcome as suggestions as well.

-Brian aka Terrasolo
and
Bootlegger137

Dates and times? We're time travelers are they really nessesary? (yes I know....)

iycis, you'll have to tell us if you do any sort of costume so we know what to look out for if we head to this one.

The Children of Time will be at Katsu.

Which means Becci, Ben, me, and a few other people. Hopefully, that is. We still need to book a room. I don't know if there are even anymore available. We hope you see you there.

By the way, we are always looking for more members to join us.

Which means Becci, Ben, me, and a few other people. Hopefully, that is. We still need to book a room. I don't know if there are even anymore available. We hope you see you there.

Hey! Welcome to the RPF :)

If Jack and I go, we'll probably just be there for the day really. Although I had contemplated getting a room myself, but I think the day is more doable. But yes, looking forward to meeting up with your group.

The Children of Time...cool name! I'm looking forward to meeting...and flirting...with you all! :D

Hey! Welcome to the RPF :)

If Jack and I go, we'll probably just be there for the day really. Although I had contemplated getting a room myself, but I think the day is more doable. But yes, looking forward to meeting up with your group.

Splitting a room may be an option...although, for a first time at a particular con, it might be a bit much since we don't know a whole lot about it. Something to discuss, anyway.

Things are not looking good on the room front. Ben, Becci, and I were planning on getting a room together, but no one can book said room. Becci's on medical leave from her job, Ben just moved and is still looking for a job, and I don't have a credit card (if I book the room on my debit, it'll freeze my account until after the con.) We're going to see how this plays out.

By the way, if you do want a room, there are rooms still available under the Katsucon rate. $189 a night. If the cost is split between people, it's really not that bad.

Haha! Would you like to join the Children of Time? We're pretty small. We only have around 5 serious members. Probably because it was created 3 months ago.

Well, it's up to the Doctor (Terra), really. Also, you're assuming that I can actually be serious at times. ;) :lol

I'm in for sure, I'd love to join another group (the first being the Time Traveler's Group Jack and I have here).

Not so sure about a room myself still but I'll look into it. Would you guys be willing to make a day trip out of it at least?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back