PA, NJ, NY, MD, DE and others closee enough Doctor Who group meet up

I have no idea. It'll be my first time going. I usually stick to Otakon. The venue looks awesome though.

Oh. Ok. Anyway. :confused

What's Otakon like? Give us the lowdown! ;) :lol

Actually, your insight to Otakon can probably help a bit with Katsucon. Both appear to be primarily anime cons...so how well is other cosplay accepted? I've seen photos from both, and there's a wide gamut of cosplay at both...Star Wars, Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, etc. beyond all the anime.

And, just a random thought...an anime Doctor Who sounds like it could be really cool. Wish I was somewhat artistic.

Oh. Ok. Anyway. :confused

What's Otakon like? Give us the lowdown! ;) :lol

Actually, your insight to Otakon can probably help a bit with Katsucon. Both appear to be primarily anime cons...so how well is other cosplay accepted? I've seen photos from both, and there's a wide gamut of cosplay at both...Star Wars, Ghostbusters, Doctor Who, etc. beyond all the anime.

And, just a random thought...an anime Doctor Who sounds like it could be really cool. Wish I was somewhat artistic.
Yes. Otakon is primarily an anime convetion, but other cosplays are accepted. We had a huge turnout for the Doctor Who photoshoot last Otakon. That included both cosplayers and fans/photographers crowding around us. The panels and events are mostly anime related, but the Dealers Room and the Artist Alley extends into different fandoms.

Have you seen the Doctor Who anime trailer mock up?

Yes. Otakon is primarily an anime convetion, but other cosplays are accepted. We had a huge turnout for the Doctor Who photoshoot last Otakon. That included both cosplayers and fans/photographers crowding around us. The panels and events are mostly anime related, but the Dealers Room and the Artist Alley extends into different fandoms.

Have you seen the Doctor Who anime trailer mock up?

Well I think that settles it...I'm putting Katsucon and Otakon firmly on my calendar for 2012.

What Doctor Who anime trailer? Linky?

ChildofTome beat me to the anime trailer. Completely fan made that and now he is wiring with Big Finish and 2|Entertain to work on the missing stories as well.

Personally, while I like Anime, I hope they do them more closely to the art used on Reign of Terror and The Invasion.

That said, Doctor Who works at Comic Cons because it's had a life in comics for many years. And in some of those comics, Anime or Manga style was used, so we count ;)

CoT, if you guys can't get a room are you not able to go at all? Because Jack and I were originally thinking a Day trip of it. We figured just hit up Saturday for what it was worth. So since we are close enough if you wanted to still go for a day trip but getting there was the issue I'd be happy to take and whoever else can fit in my car.

We are still debating if staying the night for Sunday as well is worth it or not.

CoT, if you guys can't get a room are you not able to go at all? Because Jack and I were originally thinking a Day trip of it. We figured just hit up Saturday for what it was worth. So since we are close enough if you wanted to still go for a day trip but getting there was the issue I'd be happy to take and whoever else can fit in my car.

We are still debating if staying the night for Sunday as well is worth it or not.

It's a number of things. I was going to need a ride from someone or find a way to use public transportation. Ben, Becki, and I were planning to go down together and get at least two more people in on a room because it's cheaper that way. But, we now don't have a room ourselves because of income on their end and no credit card on mine.

With a room, you can go back and rest if the con gets too much or if you have down time. It also gives the freedom to bring mulitple costumes and the room and privacy to change. (I know Becki and I have multiple costumes.) And, it's just nice to stay multiple days if possible.

Another reason why we were so interested in getting a room was that National Harbor is a good 3/3.5 hours away from us. It's kind of daunting to drive for that long, have a blast at the con, and then drive all that way back with con fatigue.

All very good points. Plans are still in flux for us as to which day vs both days so we'll keep you updated. But your thoughts make the choice seem a bit easier.

Oh, if anyone is interested, Becci and I apparently have a Doctor Who panel at Kotoricon at Gloucester County College on January 7th.

This is quite last minute. It's going to be interesting to say the least.

Probably the basis of the show, best of..., important/favorite episodes, favorite Doctors/companions, and whatnot. I thought about throwing jelly babies at the crowd to appease the audience, but I don't know the convention's policy about that. :p

Oh, yes! I forgot to mention. Brandon (One) (he set this up for Becci and me and will also be trying to help us out with it) wants to know if you want to join the panel as Ten.

Probably the basis of the show, best of..., important/favorite episodes, favorite Doctors/companions, and whatnot. I thought about throwing jelly babies at the crowd to appease the audience, but I don't know the convention's policy about that. :p

When I was in a band we used to throw sporks to the audience. Mainly because we knew if they threw them back they wouldn't hurt :/ I suppose Jelly Babies are safe enough ;)
I like this panel idea. Perhaps talking a bit about costuming might be a fun idea as well as I assume all involved are costumers?

Oh, yes! I forgot to mention. Brandon (One) (he set this up for Becci and me and will also be trying to help us out with it) wants to know if you want to join the panel as Ten.

Oh wow, yeah that sounds like fun. I should be free that day as far as I know. If you can send me the particulars I'd appreciate it :)

When I was in a band we used to throw sporks to the audience. Mainly because we knew if they threw them back they wouldn't hurt :/ I suppose Jelly Babies are safe enough ;)
I like this panel idea. Perhaps talking a bit about costuming might be a fun idea as well as I assume all involved are costumers?

Oh wow, yeah that sounds like fun. I should be free that day as far as I know. If you can send me the particulars I'd appreciate it :)
I don't think we'll be talking about costuming. If the subject is brought up in a question, sure. However, I think we are sticking with info about the show. Major moments, lost episodes, villains, companions, canon and non-canon Doctors, etc.

Kotoricon is at Gloucester County College, New Jersey. The panel is on Saturday at 11 am.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back