P2 Sculpt in progress. Need tip

Tidar

Hey guys. As the topic states ive started a P2 head sculpt with medium NSP chavant.

il post some pics later on but i have a few questions:

1: What is the best solvent to smoothen out the surface of chavant? And do u use a brush or just your fingers when doing it?

2: Any hot tips for how to get to those narrow places like eyes? Like what tools to use to smoothen this out evenly.

3: My inner crown is very bumpy atm and its not very efficient to smoothen it out with my hands. Any special tools for big surfaces like that?

Thanx in advance:)

Ray

IMG_0647.JPG

IMG_0649.JPG

IMG_0648.JPG

i can see now that there is something very wrong with the lower jaw. its way to big haha.

Guess taking photos like this helps spot out certains things.

Any feedback is very mutch appretiated:)

you need to build it up alot more and define its overall shape, then worry about the details,

also look in the reference section to see pics of how the P2 head looks and use it to detail and finish ur sculpt.
to smooth out a surface ive seen friends use wire to slice it back and even it out a little more.
looks god though keep on it :)

bu im sure there are more qualified artist here who could help you out bud. ive seen some awesome masks sculpted

Just keep blocking the shape out for now, keep looking at pictures of the look you are after, and do NOT settle for a " that will do " look.

It will take some time to get it fleshed out and symetrical enough to start refining things, so take your time and enjoy the ride .

i have progressed in my sculpt.

What ive done since last post i have trimmed the lower jaw, Added the outer crown and started on the mouth details.

I think i have to add more to the crown since it does seem a little to small. have to get more clay:S

And yea i know the pics are sideways but its taken from my iphone so i couldnt do anything about it:S

I also have to trim the eyebrows alittle but exept from that im kinda happy...;) Dont think its 1:1 scale but it might fit a childrens head or something:p someone must furfill their needs aswell:p

IMG_0727.JPG

IMG_0723.JPG

IMG_0731.JPG

IMG_0729.JPG

Just keep blocking the shape out for now, keep looking at pictures of the look you are after, and do NOT settle for a " that will do " look.

It will take some time to get it fleshed out and symetrical enough to start refining things, so take your time and enjoy the ride ;) .

Couldn't have said it better. Look on youtube for sculpting video's, and as tempting as it is to rush a sculpt for the finish, if the foundations are solid, so will be the finished sculpt after texturing and smoothing.

Looks good though, keep practicing, and don't be afraid to do side-projects to hone some skills in carving and building

So here i am again after a loong break due to busy work hours.

I trimmed the jaw alittle since i could see it was way to "fat" also added some more clay to the crown.

And again any constructive critisism is very welcome:)

IMG_0853.JPG

IMG_0854.JPG

IMG_0856.JPG

IMG_0857.JPG

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back