P2 Hero bio

hez1

Been working on this for a while in little bits. I know the paintjob is ass, but I just wanted to put something on there to see how it looked. I'm thinking that one of the hammered finish spray paints will do the job.

As you can (hopefully) see from the side by side shots, I've widened the nose and built up the top a little, the nose on the hero is pretty different to the stunt. The laser housing has been opened up a little more as well, so that the lasers can actually shine out without pointing off to the left. The whole bio has been widened a little at the back, going up from 11.5" to 12" at its widest.

And of course, the frown on the brow. I may still modify this a little, it doesn't look quite right to me, but it's almost there.

Here's the pics, what'dya think?

IMG_2780.jpg.gif
IMG_2778.jpg.gif

IMG_2782.jpg.gif

Thanks folks! I made a couple of very minor changes to it, just rounding off the edges to the nose a little, and sanding down the frown. Now to throw a mold on it...

so coool and nice bio, im beginning to like P2 style, just a question why do u cool it the hero bio, where does it come from?

Thanks guys!

ssloun, the hero bio was the one used for the close up shots, such as when Danny Glover took it off the preds face. Props used for close ups are usually referred to as 'hero' versions, because they contain more detail.

Aaaaaaand! Here it is! Almost finished, this is a completed casting, although the paintjob needs a little more work. I apparently contracted Carlitis on this project, given the months of procrastination it took.

Anyway, here's what it looks like. The nose is almost 1/2" wider at every point than the stunt, but I don't have any P2 masks around to say how it fits on them. I may fit some lasers and see how they do, if I've done my homework they should point straight out, rather than way off to the left like they do in a stunt bio. Would love some feedback!

IMG_0125.jpg.gif

IMG_0126.jpg.gif

IMG_0127.jpg.gif

IMG_0128.jpg.gif

IMG_0130.jpg.gif

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back