p2 elder paint up

biofreak

so next on the sculpt wish list is the elder.making very small changes but still trying to keep very true to the original elder design.im using the pred skull as refrence to the joint locations and showing that more mainly in the lower mandible jaw line.adding a nice hand full of small scars across the entire piece,gonna give him some ears.ive even gone as far as to add pores in the skin.ive only done small sections and not sure how i feel about it yet.im not even sure how detail that small will transfer through to the finished latex product.overall detail is just started and lower mandibles and upper teeth are just mocked in.dont have enough clay at this moment to fill out the back of the head and add the dread holes and ears and neck.its always hard to see how its gonna turn out at this point cause the back is very unfilled and its harder to see the over all shape to make sure the proportions are in line.maybe ive been staring at it for too long now and im over analysing it...help me out and tell me wut you guys think?!

IMG_4064.JPG

IMG_4078.JPG

IMG_4088.JPG

IMG_4089.JPG

IMG_4090.JPG

Is this sculpted out of Roma Plastilina? Looks like it. I used to use this back in the day.

I always remembered it made my hands smell terrible from the oils.

I love the Predator 2 stuff! This is wicked nice. I am amazed by people sculpting heads like this, I have never tried doing one with a full face. Its kinda of daunting.

The lower jaw line looks perfect! The upper crown area looks like it needs to be a little larger around where the dred holes are. If you have a bio helmet hold it up to it and you will see where it needs to grow. (I am sure you are not finished)

I only make the suggestion out of love and support. Just wanna see you come out on top.

not sure what tha brand name of plastacine im using.i dont notice any odour at all wen i work with it,my fingers are a little bit oily after though.its a modeling and animation clay...aparently.i like how it works although i wish there was a easyer way to make smooth surfaces.like wen u have water based clay that u can moisten a sponge or even your finger and go over details to smoothen them,not with the oil based clay.the only thing i found that works half ass is a tooth brush and go over the detail to round off the edges,then smoothen with finger.....tedious!

mold complete and heres the first pull!tips of some horns didnt take well and got a couple bubbles but other than that i am happy with it.

IMG_4112.jpg

IMG_4113.jpg

IMG_4114.jpg

IMG_4115.jpg

IMG_4116.jpg

IMG_4117.jpg

IMG_4118.jpg

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back