p2 elder paint up

heres sum crappy pics of my P2 elder paint up.needs more quills and finish painting the back side(not that you can see)...will post crisper close up pics wen finished!

IMG_4104.JPG

IMG_4105.JPG

IMG_4106.JPG

IMG_4107.JPG

IMG_4108.JPG

wow dude,......that was quick !!!

awesome airbrush work man,......
all the little shadows and detail show,.....and were worth it,....

love it, seriously i think the colours lend themselves peeeeeeeeeeeerfectly to the elder look, not wishy washy at all. just a strong greyback elder looking mofo.

;)

it kinda sux cause up until i painted it i couldnt see where the praportions are off.now that its painted and im unable to make adjustments i wish i could have made tha crown a little bit wider.mandibles may need to be remade a tad smaller.baaaahhh....oh well its good enuf.if only a guyu could melt down latex and reuse it....now that would b the bees knees!!!on a side note tho...i am very suprized at how much u can shape cured latex with a cotton buffing wheel on a dremel!amazing how much u can clean things up and reshape small details!!!

I like it mate, yes the crown seems narrower than some, but hey preds must be like us and come in different head sizes so alls good in my books. Gives him charector I recon, good work mate ;)

**** dude, not all predators are the same. ( it would be dead boring if they were ) I like it just the way it is, it stands out as YOUR work, and hell if you want it different................. go throw some more clay as you defo got the skillz.

**** dude, not all predators are the same. ( it would be dead boring if they were ) I like it just the way it is, it stands out as YOUR work, and hell if you want it different................. go throw some more clay as you defo got the skillz.

thanks man.if this was another one off custom pred i could understand that not all are the same....but..i tried to make my own copy of the elder trying to stay as close to the original as possible.theres soooo many damb P2 elder renditions out there its hard to get good refrence as to the original design and there isnt a ton of good crisp original SWS photos.ive only started this whole sculpting casting mask making biz close to a year ago so i have much to learn!

on a side note;i think im making the official move from latex to silicone.i pick up sum dragon skin yesterday and its everything mask makers want and more!its brilliant!so im thinking everything im casting now will be the silicone!!! WOOOHOOO SILICONE!!!

The artist will always see the most amount of flaws. I do it with my stuff too, I sometimes wish I could have a RE-DO on some aspects of the stuff I sculpt.
It is a curse! Your elder is awesome. Give him some hair and beads and he will be complete!

You did awesome on the paintwork.

It is not everyday you see someone, SCULPT, MOLD, CAST, PAINT and FINISH a head the way you did. It is a long process and you should be proud of yourself.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back