P2 Display Wip

Slave1

Sr Member
Just because you can never have enough Predator in your house . . .

12449-predstuff4-12-12-001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, and this will be more of a bust kind of deal that I'll display alongside my HCG disk, combi stick, dart, and cast from original P2 cannon. :)

A lot of cleanup to do before I can paint the base head . . .

Nope.

Oh, and the original idea was to do something like this mini bust, only obviously 1:1

I was also happy to pick up a casting of the P2 cannon from a friend on the RPF which was cast with agreement via Larry Kidd's cannon. Mine has the thick side barrel, though.

IMAG001.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be great to do a full statue, but with this guy in the works, I'm quickly running out of room . . .

11861-predfull.jpg

I also have a ROTJ Boba Fett and ANH Vader that take up floor space, not to mention all the helmets heads and busts atop my book shelves and display cabinets. Yes, I have no choice but to expand the man cave!

I've seen 2-3 ACCURATE P1 statues built over the years and one of them was in SWS when it was still there - and even that one wasn't fully accurate.

This build is a pleasure to see progress along for the simple reason that you are striving for accuracy. Like Art and a few other hardcore members here, you want your props to resemble the screen used version as much as possible, and frankly - that impresses the **** outta me. Keep at it good sir and when you feel that you don't have the inspiration to keep going, just post a pic update here and you'll get all the inspiration you need!!! ;)

Haven't had any time at all to work on this at all, due to the work on the P1, a writing deadline, and then being down for the last several days with bronchitis. And, God help me, I now am looking at taking on an Ironman project. Like I don't have enough to do already.

Anyway, here's a test fit of the head on the upper torso. Again, going for the same look as the minibust. Sort of.

gallery_10275_196_135900.jpg

Howabout a lamp inside the head, so the eyes will glowing?
McFarlane's P2 figure got a separate medikit.
I like the idea, where you can see the tech below the armor.
Medikit-attachment via magnets ...

DSCF0002.JPG

Lamp in the head, no.

Funny you should say magnets, though. Among other things, today I rigged up a nice magnet system for my helmet and under head. Three point system. Works really well!

Have collected more elements for the display . . .

Greenish tan netting. Perfect.

$(KGrHqN,!pME9o+dPjG8BPuRH2b64Q~~60_12.JPG

Predator manbag. Need to add jawbone. Claw clasp wouldn't be accurate, but it sure is cool.

$(KGrHqJ,!qUE88fkHsuFBPcK4EhnyQ~~60_3.JPG

And a very cool base for it to sit on. This is the pic from Ebay. It doesn't look exactly like this. The paint finish is way different and not as corroded, but it will definitely work and fits well with my P2 theme.

$(KGrHqZ,!hIE8jp(LCbyBPN+qmKdw!~~60_12.JPG

Here are my suggestions for pimping-up your base:
- add some glyphs like the ones on the combi-stick
- I like what Lee did: a base based on the column in the columbian penthouse.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back