P2 canon mounting- help?

grendel64

I've got the snow preds cannon painted up and am looking at ways to mount it on the shoulder, but I'm kind of lost. If anyone has a P2 system, could you post pics of the set-up for the cannon...I'd appreciate it!
Mike

I have a monster maker P2 armour built onto the skin and want to put a cannon on mine, where abouts should the flex lamp type bracket attach to on the back then, anu pics?

I thought it was to go on the flat part on the shoulder armour on top of my shoulder?

I haven't attached mine yet as I just got the lamp yesterday but I'm planning to attach it to the flat part on the shoulder as well. Looks like DB (the pic above) has it mounted somewhere in back but I do not have a shot of it.

My whole problem was that with the small base and arm I had, the cannon was totally invisible beneath all the dreads so with the flexi arm you can make it come up and out to sit back a bit behind the head. The arms are threaded so you could rig it up with a bolt or just attach it via some epoxy. I will update once I see how its going to hold.

Looking forward to it, Wraslor. :eek: I found an old thread where TMI rigged up his own P2 cannon arm animatronically, but he never responded back when people asked for pictures of it and unfortunately he's gotten out of the Pred game all together so I guess we'll never know.

well ran into a snag. I got the arm attached but connecting the base to the suit proved to be a problem. Since my P2 armor is latex it is too flimsy for something of that weight and makes the cannon flop around to the point it wants to fall off. My roommate and I just spent the better part of 2 hours trying different ideas from wrapping string around it to mounting it on the back instead of the shoulder etc but came up with nothing that worked well enough. So at this point i'm open to ideas.

well ran into a snag. I got the arm attached but connecting the base to the suit proved to be a problem. Since my P2 armor is latex it is too flimsy for something of that weight and makes the cannon flop around to the point it wants to fall off. My roommate and I just spent the better part of 2 hours trying different ideas from wrapping string around it to mounting it on the back instead of the shoulder etc but came up with nothing that worked well enough. So at this point i'm open to ideas.
Have you tried using screws with flat washers and also using glue as a (BACK UP) with the screws? You might have to place a flat piece of plastic against the underside if the latex and then place the screws through the plastic into the latex going into the arm. The plastic will give the screws something big and flat to hold to and wont slip threw the latex holes. i.e. a used piece of plastic about 2 inch square from a butter bowle would do the trick. Then you could tighten the screws down.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back