P1 To Elder Conversion For Hippie. Finished Pg2.

Usurper

Well, its been a loooooooooooooooooong time since i did a elder conversion, so while i am waiting to reclaim clay to get back on the proper elder sculpt, i decided to do a elder conversion on my closed mouth P1, which has now turned into a commision for Hippie.

here is the base mask ready for the head lumps to be added.

I made custom head lumps and moulded them last year, thankfully i still have the mould, but the lumps will have to be glued on then the edges latexed, pretty time consuming as there will be around 100 of them to do.

He will have P1 mandibles, but customised with some extra teeth, and a custom neckring.

fsp1.jpg.gif

UPDATE:

100 head spikes/lumps glued on , then latex'd around the edges, this took most of yesterday to do and is teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedious lol.

This morning i dremeled out 3 extra teeth holes on the lower mandibles, then i started to build up GUM mounds with liquid latex, i have done 2 passes so far, it will probably need another layer to build it up alittle more.
I did not try to add any extra teeth on the INNER slope of the mandibles as there is very little room there, and it would look very crowded if i did.

anyway, the 3rd layer should be done today, then i can start painting Thursday.

thanks for looking.
Lee.

ce1.jpg

ce2.jpg

ce3.jpg

Wow! Looking good so far, looks like its very time consuming to glue those spikes they look tiny, thanks for sharing this

Yeah time comsuming but worth it i hope.

Also Chris sent some glass eyes today i think hey are a snow leopard variation, they are awesome quality and perfect size for a pred display, i think they are going to work awesome in this for him.

That's turning out AWESOME! Question, though: I realize it is so little slip latex you are using, but is the shrinkage a factor at all?

You mean on the head lumps edges? if so no not really, the latex is pretty much cured now bieng so thin, and it has not pulled away or done anything odd..........yet. :)

it shouldnt do, i fill bubbles in masks with the same stuff, the mask was also washed so i am not worried in the slightest.

NICE lee !! ,....you give me too many ideas ,......i'll have to try this out ( sorta ) once i get a few out of the mold,......we want more pics,....
looks awesome so far mate,...

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back