P1 Stunt V4 - Video Huntorial on How to Paint a Bio

PredatrHuntr

Master Member
This is a work in progress for the P1 Stunt that George has the mold for. As most of you know, the Bio has lineage back to the original screen used mold from the first Predator movie. The casting needs work done before it can be painted. There are a number of options that are not mandatory - the customization is entirely up to the person doing the work.

This will be the fourth P1 Stunt I've worked on. I've made one for George, Art and this will now be my second one. It's by far my favorite Bio...just look at the sleek lines and perfect design.

All the red circles show the areas that I needed to work on in order to bring it as close to the screen used Bio as possible. I'll go through all the areas in detail and explain what I'm working on as I go...

Img_0987.jpg

First off: the rear fin has a crack in the casting. It needed to be filled with Apoxie sculpt and then sanded down. Once that was done, I took my dremel and carefully drilled the same matching line as the other side:

Img_0991.jpg

Not all of the castings have a dent in the dome, but this one did. I used more Apoxie to fill it and then sand it down:

Img_0992.jpg

The area above the left eye has a noticeable dent in it and it bothered me enough to fill and sand it down:

Img_0993.jpg

Inside the Bio where the mouth meets the eyes, there is a lot of filler work to be done. I had to dremel out the thick glob and then remold it with Apoxie:

Img_0994.jpg

The air hose greeblie isn't part of the mold, so I dremeled a hole and will put in the appropriate piece later:

Img_0995.jpg

The line from the back of the eye to the temple is very faint, so I took the dremel again and made it more pronounced. I also used Sculpey to create the tri-air hose assembly:

Img_0996.jpg

As well for the other side, and used the dremel to define the lines a bit more:

Img_0997.jpg

Being that there is no laser shroud, I had to create the part using an ordinary PVC pipe that was heated and sanded to the right shape. I used Apoxie to close the gap between the Bio and the PVC pipe. The line on the shroud was put in with the dremel:

Img_0998.jpg

There we have it...a few more things to touch up and then it's ready for primer:

Img_0986.jpg

Img_0988.jpg

Img_0989.jpg

Fantastic corrections there Jay. Cannot wait for your final paint up on this beast of a bio!
...Every detail looks spot on so far. Is this the birth of the Ultimate P1 bio on the lair? LOOKS LIKE IT :cool:

Great job on the recreation of the shroud and air hose fitting. I got mine from Casey but yours is very close to it. Thanks for this tutorial. It really does come in handy when%2

Superb fella.

Thank's so much for sharing your progress with us. Nice to see different peoples approaches to this bio. I like the that the air hose slug is a little longer than usual, it sits in place perfectly.
Lee. The biggest stunt debate.... The dent!
I love the stunt, its just awesome.
Looking forward to the end results.

Great job on the recreation of the shroud and air hose fitting. I got mine from Casey but yours is very close to it. Thanks for this tutorial. It really does come in handy when such details need to be mastered. I have recently purchased a P1 from George as well. I regard it as a historical artifact in my possesion. When cleaned up, the lines are graceful and unlike any mask I have seen before. I can't make myself cut the middle of the eye area out even though it would be true to the original screen shots. I am just too afraid it would easily break if dropped.

The dent that Lee is talking about is the one right above the eyes. It was sculpted that way originally, but on my first P1 Stunt I filled it in thinking it gave it a cleaner look.

As for the gap between the mouth and eyes...yes it makes it more fragile if it were to ever take a fall, but its screen accurate ;)

Jay, little tip for you that makes getting those lines straight a little easier is to pick up a set of hobby files (I've heard them referred to as needle files, as well) from Home Depot. Don't work it like a saw, back and forth, but rather, in one direction. Just a suggestion. You are really good at what you do, but thought I'd throw that out there for others who may find the Dremel method a tad difficult (I can't do it to save my life). A piece of sand paper wrapped around something thin like a Popsicle stick, also works well. Anywho, back on with the "J Show"...

Hey Jay,

great work for sure and I have allmoost everything complete together to sent mine over to you that you could also start to create my BIG RED helmet from my P1 stunt helmet.

The only things I still need to find are these things here:

"For all of those who’d like to know… The two spheres on Red’s helmet are actually solid, plexiglass half domes. The bigger one is 1 and 1/8 inches, and the smaller one is 1/2 inch. The backs of them are painted with Delta Ceramcoat paint, in Lima Green. They were then glued onto the helmet and washed a bit with some watered down lamp black, Liquitex acrylic."

Greetings Guido

Jay, little tip for you that makes getting those lines straight a little easier is to pick up a set of hobby files (I've heard them referred to as needle files, as well) from Home Depot. Don't work it like a saw, back and forth, but rather, in one direction. Just a suggestion. You are really good at what you do, but thought I'd throw that out there for others who may find the Dremel method a tad difficult (I can't do it to save my life). A piece of sand paper wrapped around something thin like a Popsicle stick, also works well. Anywho, back on with the "J Show"...

I have a set of those files one i got from ebay the other at radioshack

Looking good Jason. One thing I feel like I should mention, your air hose temple piece looks a little long. It doesn't really go right up into the corner of the temple cut out, it sits a little flatter than you have it, and quite a bit further forward.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back