P1 Stunt Bio Paint Up -Update New Pics

JunkYardDog

I just finished my first ever paint up on a bio and thought I would share my progress so far before adding the blast marks.I used a variety of colors with some being opaque,transparent and pearlized.I am happy with the way the everything looks and the way the colors blend especially being my first paint up of this kind.I am open to any suggestions, tips or advice.Thanks for looking.
JunkYardDog

Last edited by a moderator:
Very Nice ..here's my take on it ..now mind you, this is only if you are trying to go for a more worn metal look. You seem to have all the right undertones layed in..but its looking rather bright on the color wheel. I would now lightly sponge in more silver ..the undertones will show through where you need them to.

George;
Thanks for the advice.The paint is straight out of the bottle.Do you suggest just mixing the silver with water before applying?I tried this at the very begining and then went to the stright pigment as I was unimpressed with the look.Was probably expecting to much to soon for my first time.
Thanks
JunkYardDog
Very Nice ..here's my take on it ..now mind you, this is only if you are trying to go for a more worn metal look. You seem to have all the right undertones layed in..but its looking rather bright on the color wheel. I would now lightly sponge in more silver ..the undertones will show through where you need them to.

hmmmm? ..what kinda paint are you using?

I thin medium body acrylics with water...then I dab a sea sponge in the paint ...then blot it out on some paper ..then lightly start tapping it onto the bio ..this repetitive action is what starts that metal look. later I really water down some black ..like runny water. then i do the same with a sponge only to blot it once its on the bio with a paper towel ..even my fingers sometimes ..that gives ya the grungy look .

Here is an update after following ptgreek's advice.I feel that the original paint has been lightened quite a bit and a like it a lot better.I tried and created a different look in a couple areas of the bio hoping that overall the look works, after all this is from a space traveling creature, different atmospheres could have varying affects.
Blast marks still need to be added.
Some of the pics were taken outside and some inside.
Again all ideas and suggestions are welcome

JunkYardDog

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks awesome. Still retains the look and colors you were aiming for, but now they are more cohesive. has a much more "real" feel to it. Great job!

I would like to thank everyone for their positive comments.
Darth Pinhead, I took a look at your stunt bio thread a few times along the way for reference so far and thanks for starting it.
A Hunter's Moon, I have my lens already cut and ready to install but will not be going the LED route, alreadfy have the lasers from someone in China.I have a couple of ideas for a display mount and hoping it will all pan out.
Thanks for looking.
JunkYardDog

Well, glad it helped you, brother. That's why I do my threads that way; help out the group. Your bio turned out AWESOME! It's all about layering...

Thats a great bio paint up.
What are you gona do for lenses? You say you have them cut. What materials are you going to be using?
Christian.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back