P1 Sculpt!!!

icarus

Hi guys, been lurking on here for a few weeks after being introduced to the site by Esdain.

I became hooked very quickly and have therefore decided to have a go at sculpting my own P1 head! I have never worked with clay before so this is my very first time sculpting and I am in the early stages of getting the basic shape.

Please feel free to give me comments good or bad, as all advice will help me improve what I hope to be a good sculpt!

So, here it is!

mypred.jpg

I will be uploading more pictures soon, but the other side at present looks rubbish so will post up more when I bring it up to speed

mypred.jpg

just make sure its big enough. my first mask is way too small!!! i spent a lot of money and time and its no good. just make sure you have an idea how large these masks are. When i saw one in person i was blown away. i had no idea how huge they were.

just a tip

tonkers

Thanks buddy, its definately not wide enough at the top. need to add an inch on either side. I'm not sure if the top half of the head is too tall? what you guys think?

Ok guys, mini update.

I've been off work for a couple of days this week and have been really busy, but have managed to expand the size of the head at the sides so it now measures 12" across..

Bearing in mind this is still work in progress, I realise its not nearly symmetrical yet, but that I am working on :D

Let me know what you guys think! Again all criticism welcome.

DSC00604.jpg

DSC00605.jpg

DSC00606.jpg

DSC00604.jpg

DSC00605.jpg

DSC00606.jpg

Looks good--be aware of the shrinkage factor of latex---you generally want to make your sculpt 1" bigger overall to compensate.

I agree, these mask are huge, when I did mines from looking at a P. Manders mask, they are pretty huge, so much room inside when you get the raw latex mask, So far so good, Kudos++++++ Keep up the good work.

starting to take shape

the rear of the head could probably do with alittle filling out imo, but each pred is different, theres no correct/incorrect way or style.

thanks for all your replies guys,

Carlart, its currently measuring around 21.5" neck, 12" across at widest point, and 19" from top of head to chin. Will this be sufficient?

length is fine as it will be longer when you add mandibles.

Width it should be ROUGLY ( each is different, so it may not suit YOUR pred ) 12" MASK, so if you aiming for 12" wide mask, make the sculpt alittle wider.

nice jay, i really am gonna have to pop over and finish it for you, i am thinking i use my thumb and do the eyes ears and mouth, how's that sound? look good tho, now crack on, you'll save petrol that way

Ok guys, no update as yet, been a little busy.

Re-posting the same photo's again as I realised I posted them under my old account name, which looked as though 2 people were working on the same sculpt!

Silly computer remembered old login for some reason....

Anyhow:

DSC00630.jpg.gif

DSC00634.jpg.gif

DSC00636.jpg.gif

DSC00644.jpg.gif

DSC00630.jpg.gif

DSC00634.jpg.gif

DSC00636.jpg.gif

DSC00644.jpg.gif

Also thanks for all your replies guys, I have two weeks off now, so i'm hoping for major progress! Had to order some more clay last week which should arrive today!

Sorry for the massive delay in updating this guys, been well busy and just havent had much time to spend on the old pred sculpt.

HOWEVER... I have done a bit this evening so heres a couple of update pics. Hope you like.

All opinions/tips welcome

J

DSC01586.jpg.gif

DSC01588.jpg.gif

DSC01586.jpg.gif

DSC01588.jpg.gif

Definitely getting there.
I have been tempted to try sculpting one for myself but at proportions that fit my (5'7") frame.
Thanks for giving me even more incentive.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back