P1 Screen Accurate Bio Helmet?

It is a great design, i think all of the bio's are great pieces of kit, and its great to see others who think the same.

Paul - you think this one is a stunt Bio - not the hero? :
ProductionStill0.jpg

Its tough to see detail in that one, but I guess anything's possible
Yes, I think so, and here's why. Look at the very back of the bio, where it is sort of split into two. You can see that the right hand side of the bio (when looking at it, left hand side if you were wearing it) sits slightly lower than the left side. This happens on my bio, and on Georges. Looking at pictures of the HCG, it is a lot less pronounced (but still there, which suggests they were sculpting over a mask that maybe had some asymmmetries).

Secondly you can also clearly see 3 tubes going to the temple in the pic, which would preclude it from being the one HCG used. I'm starting to guess a little here, but when you watch the pred take off his bio, I definitely don't see him pull 3 tubes out of his temple. I think maybe they had him wear the stunt bio most of the time (and therefore a halfmask underneath) simply so KPH could see what he was doing. The only time they dressed him in the full face mask, and therefore the hero, was for the big reveal. It's possible this may be one of the times when the lines between 'stunt' and 'hero' props has gotten a little blurred.

Hmmm I see what you're saying Paul. I still watch the movie and pause it hoping to get a clearer picture or see something I haven't seen before. They did a perfect job of making sure we couldn't tell the difference between the stunt and hero!

The other interesting thing that I forget about is that the Predator removes the laser assembly from the Bio to heat up the blades. It would be cool to see a self-contained laser housing that could be removed at any time and then popped back into the Bio.

Looking at the pictures of KPH wearing the half mask with the laser sticking out of the temple gets me thinking about what the Bio looked like with the hole for the laser...

Btw - Rob if you way me to remove your pics just say the word

Looking at the pictures of KPH wearing the half mask with the laser sticking out of the temple gets me thinking about what the Bio looked like with the hole for the laser...

I think you might have answered that question yourself in the "Screen Used and Original..." topic, post #32 where you posted this pic:
Bios_2010.jpg

I don't think so. In the pic where you see KPH with the half-mask on, the laser can be seen poking out of the temple on the mask. Its out of place, but must have been easier to do it that way rather than incorporate it into the Bio helmet.

The Bio used in conjunction with the laser built into the half-mask would had to have had a hole in it. In the picture you posted, there appears to be no hole there for the laser.

Secondly you can also clearly see 3 tubes going to the temple in the pic, which would preclude it from being the one HCG used. I'm starting to guess a little here, but when you watch the pred take off his bio, I definitely don't see him pull 3 tubes out of his temple. I think maybe they had him wear the stunt bio most of the time (and therefore a halfmask underneath) simply so KPH could see what he was doing. The only time they dressed him in the full face mask, and therefore the hero, was for the big reveal. It's possible this may be one of the times when the lines between 'stunt' and 'hero' props has gotten a little blurred.

Come to think of it, didn't the P1 also have a tube going into his jaw? Either way, he didn't seem to pull out all of them, which begs the question of whether or not they used the stunt bio or hero bio for that shot (my guess is hero, but that had three holes, as we now know).
Also in Predator 2, our Pred had 2 tubes, yet Danny only had to pull one to get that sucker off.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back